• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock Chucker for 50 BMG?

Grizzdude

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2011
sites.google.com
I was just wondering if my old Rock Chucker is able to load 50 BMG ammo? I heard it works for the .338 lapua but just need to know if this will work for the 50 also. Thanks

Re: Rock Chucker for 50 BMG?

I've read people are doing .50 BMG on Lee's Classic Cast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fuzzball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've read people are doing .50 BMG on Lee's Classic Cast. </div></div>

I'll probably go with the lee press, thanks guys

50BMG. Dies are 1 1/2" (except lee which are 1 1/4") in diameter . If you got a die to fit in the rock chucker, the space between the shell holder and the bottom of the die may not be tall enough.

With the lee cast classic I had to push a bullet up into the seating die, then place the case in the shell holder. To remove a loaded round I had to tilt it while sliding it out.

Hope that helps.

Need an Ammo Master press, if you want to stay with RCBS. I have that and have no complaint with it.