• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock River 20" varmint

wilsey

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Made a quick trip to the range today for a little gas gun fun.
It's good to get out of the house and shoot for even a hour..and even better if I shoot like this every time. Wishful thinking. Anyways couldn't be happier with the way my Rock River performed today. It will out shoot me most days

Calm day. Lower 80's

The gun...
[img:center]
96daa4b6d54e10edd79805cfad3e5738.jpg
[/img]

100 yards. 5 shots
0537c39c1267fda76672e63c885edbc0.jpg
[/img]

200 yards. 5 shots
57ab625dbd554dcc85039af68a466c78.jpg
[/img]

I'm still practicing guys... But I have a feeling this is a lifelong hobby
wink.gif

Re: Rock River 20" varmint

You have 2 http:// in your img code causing them not to show. You can go tothose pictures and just copy and paste the FORUM code.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilsey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Made a quick trip to the range today for a little gas gun fun.
It's good to get out of the house and shoot for even a hour..and even better if I shoot like this every time. Wishful thinking. Anyways couldn't be happier with the way my Rock River performed today. It will out shoot me most days

Calm day. Lower 80's

wink.gif

</div></div>

damn, nice shooting man.... should've ran a 30round entry while you were at it!!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3523625#Post3523625

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilsey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Made a quick trip to the range today for a little gas gun fun.

Calm day. Lower 80's

The gun...
96daa4b6d54e10edd79805cfad3e5738.jpg
[/img]

100 yards. 5 shots
0537c39c1267fda76672e63c885edbc0.jpg
[/img]

200 yards. 5 shots
57ab625dbd554dcc85039af68a466c78.jpg
[/img]

wink.gif

</div></div>

Very nice shooting, and I agree, even an hour out behind a gun makes for a great day.

My Varmint AR is the Stag 6 with a 24" 1:8" heavy stainless barrel. It shoots about the same, and pleases me greatly.

Unfortunately, as my days increase, I am reaching the point where it's getting harder and harder to walk far enough to post and replace the targets out there at 200-250yd.

Two trips out and back adds up to 1000yd, my heart keeps telling me I'm nutz to be doing this, and to take up a less strenuous passtime. I keep telling it to shut up and get with the program.

One of these days, somebody's gonna win this argument, but until then, it's fun.

Greg

I have a vortex PST 6-24 on top. Great scope, but most of you already know that.
Maybe someday I'll buy something better but works for now

Nothing wrong with the Vortex PST very nice scope, I couldn't get the picture to enlarge to see. I have a similar setup but the Varmint 26" version, the PRS makes all the difference on the rifle IMO.

I'm really satisfied with the vortex.

I know it's not five but the first 3 were so close I didn't want to mess it up with 2 more haha [img:center]
f53289dcbd7986c4bc835c92cd89b1ca.jpg
[/img]

I have a Rock River with a 24" SS Varmint barrel upper. I believe it's a 1 in 8 twist. It absolutely loves Black Hills remanufactued ( blue box) 77gr. Sierra Match Kings. On a good day with a high magnification scope it will shoot 5 shots into 1" at 200 yards. Try some for yourself.

I have the LAR 8 20" Varmint, Vortex PST 2.5x10. Mine shoots better than me. Very happy with the whole setup. People say you can get more for your money by not buying a Rock River. I don't see how.

Mine is a 20" also and shoots just as well with 69smk's and varget.
I've played with several under $1k AR's and the RRA's all have shot extremely good.

Yes they are 1-8 twist. Mine loves black hills ammo as well. Didn't have any that day. I'm looking into buying a reloader soon. Hopefully I can find some nice loads and load a pile of them this winter