• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Roedale or KRG Whiskey T3

hogester79

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2012
Sydney, Australia
OK guys/girls

Question about stocks (and I've narrowed it down to these two)

1) Roedale RCS II
2) KRG Whiskey 3

It will be fitted to a Tikka T3 - I've looked at others but due to where I live these will also be the most accessible.

I know about the potential delay once I've ordered the Roedale and the KRG's are about to hit the shelves of my local dealer, so that could be one bonus.

What are peoples recommendation and why? (sorry not interested in the XLS).

I know the KRG looks infinitely more adjustable on the fly compared to the Roedale, but the Roedale looks a little more solid and I like that it has interchangeable covers but is that enough to buy it over the KRG?

I assume they can both fit all sorts of add on's that I can think of? Flush cups for my Urban ERT sling, rails for my bipod?

Need to get rid of the unfantastic plastic that surrounds my Varmint..

Thoughts??

Re: Roedale or KRG Whiskey T3

If your local dealer will have a KRG soon, I'd wait til then and give it a feel. I'd guess you'll immediately be sold.

I have both, I'd say W3C. Ergonomics are a better fit for me, that being said - it may not be for you...

-pd

Whiskey 3.
1zcmozn.jpg

My vote is for the W3 as well. I just picked one up after doing some research and narrowing down myself. However, I will say this, make sure you get a newer model gen 3 version. I picked up a gen 2 version and unbeknownst to me all the mounting holes on the bottom of the forearm don't line up with the bolt holes on the supplied pic rails for mounting on a tripod or a QD bipod. I asked KRG about this and they acknowledged it was an issue that has since been fixed on the gen3 but it doesn't remedy my situation of not being able to use the pic rails as designed. In that one respect I have a serious case of the ass with KRG as they didn't mention it on the web site or when I placed my order but as far as the chassis itself is concerned, I think its a work of art. I plan on going and talking to KRG if they are at shot show and express my disappointment at this lack of information being put out before my purchase to see if this is one of those things thats better handled in person than over the internet/phone.

Short of my personal issue, I think you will be happy with the W3.

Whiskey 3. I got a chance to play around with one several months back. Awesome machining, craftsmanship and drips with quality throughout. Without a doubt if they made a lefty it would have been on my current 338 build.

Thanks for the support guys. We put a lot of thought and effort into the chassis and we are striving to improve it with every generation. Of course sometimes that means if you have an older version it may not have all the features of the new one, as with the Gen 2 not having the hole spacing in front of the magwell for a rail mounted tripod. Caylen W. of Magpul Dynamics was running one of the first gen 2 stocks and wanted a rail mounted tripod. We added a hole in his stock just for that position and then incorporated that into the Gen 3 as a standard feature. For anyone out there with a gen 2 Rem 700 chassis we would be happy to add that hole for only the cost of shipping (we also extend this offer to the gen 2 owners who didn't get the side mounting positions for the rail or QD plate). Another option is those rails that have one hole and one slot and fit a variety of hole spacings. There's plenty of threaded holes in the all the gen forends, it's just the gen 3 forend that had hole spacing specifically for the MOE L3 rail. Just to be clear the included MOE L2 rail will fit in front bipod position and the included L3 rail will fit on the buttstock for the rail mounted Accushot monopod. That goes for both gen 2 and 3. P03 we'd love to see you at SHOT, we'll be in booth 8408, and adding that hole for you would be too easy and we'd be happy to do it.

There are a number of good chassis on the market, some we like better than others but we really haven't seen too much junk, if any. The Roedale chassis has received positive feedback here and the AICS stock is a proven performer. When you handle a W3C I think you'll find it is very solid while having different ergonomics. To all of you here that chose the W3C we are very grateful.

Thanks,
Justin

whiskey 3 100%. i have one and love it
mines a Remington 700

IMG_2021.jpg

MR.45 i am using an Atlas BT10-LW17 I swear by it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stick Joe! What bipod you using! </div></div>

Thanks for all the replies guys, including KRG themselves.

I think I was pretty much already sold on the KRG but now I am that more confident.

Does anyone have an idea of the additional weight the rifles end up being with these in stead of the normal stocks?

I think the Tikka is already 10 pounds (its the Varmint model) and I've read elsewhere that the standard stock is about 2lbs and the KRG is about 4ish?

so I guess net net I'd be carrying about an extra 2lbs - Does that sound right to you?

My rifle is used for both range and hunting work (its all I've got) so just curious about the additional weight id be lugging around.

Thanks again

Hoges,

Congrats on making the right decision!! You will love the KRG, we have a Tikka at the shop that is a bad ass rig to drive. I couldn't believe how butter smooth those things are!!! The only thing we did was machine an extension for the bolt that had to be welded on and wrapped in 550 cord.

Your calculations sound correct, about the extra 2 pounds. Fortunately, these KRG's balance like a dream, I doubt you will ever feel it.

Here is a picture of mine, it is a Badger M2008 with a 2.5 ton Rockwell Military axle for a barrel!!! I swear I think they drilled a hole and rifled a 2.5 ton axle for this barrel. It weighs over 18 pounds as pictured below, but the only time I really notice the weight is if I am trying to do a standing unsupported shot.

**will add pic tomorrow, Photobucket is AWOL**

HAHA

Yes Yes I get the point already! I actually put the deposit down today to make sure I don't miss out.

I doubt in Australia that there will really be too many buyers for tactical stocks as there are in the States, so I made sure that I got them whilst they are still being imported.

We just don't have the numbers that you guys do so I didn't want to miss out before the local dealers put them in the
"too" hard basket.