• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ROFL Iraq wants $1b from us for "Damage"

Kells81

Slacker
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 15, 2006
    Granbury TX
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq's capital wants the United States to apologize and pay $1 billion for the damage done to the city not by bombs but by blast walls and Humvees since the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

The city's government issued its demands in a statement on Wednesday that said Baghdad's infrastructure and aesthetics have been seriously damaged by the American military.

"The U.S. forces changed this beautiful city to a camp in an ugly and destructive way, which reflected deliberate ignorance and carelessness about the simplest forms of public taste," the statement said.

"Due to the huge damage, leading to a loss the Baghdad municipality cannot afford...we demand the American side apologize to Baghdad's people and pay back these expenses."

The statement made no mention of damage caused by bombing.

Baghdad's neighborhoods have been sealed off by miles of concrete blast walls, transforming the city into a tangled maze that contributes to massive traffic jams. Despite a sharp reduction in overall violence in recent years only 5 percent of the walls have been removed, officials said.

The heavy blast walls have damaged sewer and water systems, pavement and parks, said Hakeem Abdul Zahra, the city spokesman.

U.S. military Humvees, driven on street medians and through gardens, have also caused major damage, he said.

"The city of Baghdad feels these violations, which have taken place for years, have caused economic and moral damage," he said.

U.S. troops pulled out of Iraq's cities in June 2009 before formally ending combat operations last August. Around 50,000 remain in Iraq but they are scheduled to withdraw by year end.

Baghdad is badly in need of a facelift. Electricity and trash collection are sporadic, streets are potholed and sewage treatment plants and pipes have not been renovated for years.

Iraq has seen growing protests in recent weeks over poor government services.

Zahra said the city's statement issued on Wednesday would be the start of its measures to get the United States to pay for damages but he did not say what other steps might be taken.

(Reporting and writing by Aseel Kami; Editing by Jim Loney)

</div></div>

I have been to places where the Mil really didn't spend much time or effort. It was a shit-hole before we were here and still a shit-hole after we "left". What a bunch of arrogant ass-hats.

Re: ROFL Iraq wants $1b from us for "Damage"

Yeah, sure, ok Iraq I'll get right on that. (Obama whispering to Clinton) Just send them like a dozen goats, they won't know the difference.

Now that's gratitude for ya!!!

I would prefer that the Iraqi government just say "Thank you" and then STFU!!
    mad.gif

why is Iraq <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"></span>not</span> paying us for the efforts to free their country? So we charge them 1 billion a month for our presence, and call it even. We need to put a price on every american troop lost to free their goat loving asses as well....and send that money tax free to the soldiers family.

I think a bill for our services is fair and in order, in light of their recent "request".

I'm sure a check is already in the mail. We have a tradition of paying countries that hate us.

They can keep wanting in one hand and shit in the other and see which ones fills up first.

Hey I have an idea....

How about we subtract all of the SGLI and insurance money that we had to pay for every Soldier who was killed liberating your country. Men and women gave their lives unfucking you POS country and you want a check.... Well Go Fuck Yourself.

Im sure the people who I personally served with who lost their lives have more than paid what ever debt you say we owe you.

Ungrateful Fucks.

I would like to take some credit for helping destroy some of the "beauty" of Baghdad, and no, I will not be apologizing...I drove over my share of medians and left a big gouge, 2 miles long, in the pavement right through the middle of the green zone when my 5 ton had a flat and was dragging the rim all the way back to the FOB
    laugh.gif
    It was also cool to watch a Bradley completely pulverize a sidewalk curb into nothing just by turning on it...
    laugh.gif
    Let them fix their own damn city...it will be the new WPA of the middle east...

Tell them as it is in their religion, The Will of Allah.
    Remember, ANYTIME a Muslim says someone owes them something for a repair, a contract, a failure, any kind of claim, they have no ground. Why? As a Muslim, everything is The Will of Allah, and to deny that goes against every Islamic belief.
    With that said, we owe no Islamic country a single shiny penny for anything.

You have got to be fucking with me? How about you give us 50% of your oil (that we earned) to free your fuckhole of a country to pay back the USA citizens tax expenses of liberating all of you goatfuckers'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell them as it is in their religion, The Will of Allah.
    Remember, ANYTIME a Muslim says someone owes them something for a repair, a contract, a failure, any kind of claim, they have no ground. Why? As a Muslim, everything is The Will of Allah, and to deny that goes against every Islamic belief.
    With that said, we owe no Islamic country a single shiny penny for anything. </div></div>

We just had to get retarded in this thread didn't we...

With the incredible debt we are in right now, a measly $1 billion is pocket change...they just want the new hybrid camels that get 300 miles on a gallon of hump water.

How about a billion dollars worth of carpet bombing dropped instead. Then the place WILL look much better!!

dont worry guys i got this ill write them the check as soon as they float the bill to all my friends familys who lost loved ones or friends that literlay left pieces of themselves over there. You ungratefull fucks are lucky me and people who think like me do not get to decide what happens to your so called beutiful fucking country. Didnt it used to be the hub of civilization in the olden days? you guys really fucked that one up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Viper 762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bout we spend 1 billion and build a wall around Iraq...then fill it with water. </div></div>

My favorite so far. Thanks for the laugh.

Nothing to get pissed over. They need a "bad" guy to blame besides themselves for their own issues. They have the same problem with lack of self accountability as we do here in the states. I say that we obviously tought the Iraqi's all toooooooooooooo well!!!! Blame Department of State for bringing the litigious, entitlement society to the middle east. Prior to that everything was "Ensch Alah" aka "God Willing" or "Gods Will".

OR....we can all give them back their shitty as Dinars we confiscated or traded for in 2003/2004. I surely wouldn't mind giving back the 10,000 dinars with Sadaam's shitty grin on it.

That guy got into a little bit of trouble last I heard. He is not a Marine, he is Army and if I remember correctly he was a Captain.

Probably all his speach did was to help get a couple of my friends killed! Trust me while deployed I have experienced frustration and vented with fellow soldiers but NEVER would I do something dumb like that in public and NEVER would I video tape it! It just supports the enemies information operations campeign!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That guy got into a little bit of trouble last I heard. He is not a Marine, he is Army and if I remember correctly he was a Captain.

Probably all his speach did was to help get a couple of my friends killed! Trust me while deployed I have experienced frustration and vented with fellow soldiers but NEVER would I do something dumb like that in public and NEVER would I video tape it! It just supports the enemies information operations campeign!!! </div></div>

Ahh, sorry about your friends and god bless 'em. Yeah, I know he's Army and I agree with what he was saying. A lot of countries take a back seat when the US shows up and just watches. I think it frustrates everybody involved. I just hope that speech didn't get any Americans killed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes me think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxFWS7Reu_c </div></div>

Wow. My Marine arrogance has a whole new respect for the Army. Good to go. </div></div>

You and me both
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes me think of this.

Wow. My Marine arrogance has a whole new respect for the Army. Good to go. </div></div>

You would probably get a kick out of most of us light Infantry guys then! Just look for the angry pissed off guys with the Ranger Tabs! But be wary of the guys with the Tabs smilling because he probably just left your moms house!
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bowman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes me think of this.

You would probably get a kick out of most of us light Infantry guys then! Just look for the angry pissed off guys with the Ranger Tabs! </div></div>

Ha you didn't need to edit that bro. I have some pretty thick skin, and I'm the only Marine in my family, the rest are Army (2 Rangers 1 Arty currently serving), so we give and take all the time. I love it.

I thought about it and then thought that someone might get their panties in a bunch.
    Glad some people have a sense of humor.

Please someone don't tell our current mighty "O". He thinks he wont run out of money because he has a lot of checks still in his checkbook.
    Or maybe he will just use plastic because he has NO limit on his card.....
    I can hear him say "No please, let me get that for you...Swipe! It's my country card, they will cover this."
    Am I pissed on his spending, you betcha! Even though this thread is about Iraq, I'm just afraid that the #$@ will pay them.
    Where's Donald Trump when you need him..? "Your fired!"
    ....SmokeRolls

Dear Iraq,

Here is the deal. Yeah ... some of your stuff broke while we were over there. But, which do you prefer: having a chemically imbalanced dictator with two deranged children next in line who have and will continue to commit unfathomable atrocities (with a militia that is almost as inhumane), or some broken infrastructre? If the fact that many, many U.S. Service Members sacrificed their lives (R.I.P.) in order to better the quality of life of the less fortunate doesn't fulfill your "demands", what about having the right to vote in free elections? How about the opporutunity to take part in liberating your own country from injustice with help from the strongest nation in the world? What about being able to live a life that includes some form of freedom and justice for generations to come? So, as for the apology, that won't happen. Instead, I thank you. Thank you for giving us the opporotunity to spread the the blessings of America. Freedom, Order, and Equality. And thank you for making us so much more grateful that we were born enveloped in a blanket of red, white and blue.

Yours Truly,

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

P.S. Think of all of the broken stuff as an economy boost.

After our exit, several MOAB's dropped on Bagdad, Fallujah and Mosul ought to clean it right up.