• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ron Paul On Chris Kyle

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2012
Paul posted this on his Twitter account concerning the murder of Chris Kyle:

"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"

I am at a loss for words. Way to go, Congressman - spitting on the grave of someone who only went to war because our nation's government (of which YOU are a part) sent him, and then blame him for his own death as he was attempting to help a fellow service member work through his problems. I don't have room to write how outrageous I think this is. I hope you good people of TX will dump him in the trash where he belongs next election.

Re: Ron Paul On Chris Kyle

If Chris had died in battle it'd be more applicable, but still STFU. This was straight up murder by someone he was trying to help. I liked RP before this. No longer.

There's a reason RP had to run Republican. He couldn't garner enough support to make Libertarians a viable 3rd party....because he's a nut. I like a lot of what he says, but the bottom line is he's a moron.

Unbelievable! Supported Paul before today. Just goes to show no politician can be trusted.

I supported Paul (although I didnt agree 100% with him) and even donated to his campaign. I was sick to my stomach when I read this, what an absolute piece of shit!

I can't imagine anymore of an insensitive thing to say then what this man uttered. He should be ashamed of what he said. Chris Kyle was a Patriot and was giving back to the community when he died. I have to wonder what Ron Paul thinks of all service men and women? I am stunned at what he said!!!

Totaly inappropriate and misapplied. That quote, if going to be said about Chirs, should/could be to all that served and were KIA and the such..... doesn't make since and doesn't make since in this case either.

He was/is a true american hero and Congressmen should be picking out an elementry school or city park to name after him, not passing judgment on the method by wich his life was ended and how he served his country at war.

Fucking Retards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogmessiah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't believe he is running again. </div></div>

You are quite right. In fact, he is no longer a Congressman right now, as he didn't run for re-election this time. His term ended last month when the new Congress was sworn in. I didn't find this out until I went to find his contact info through Congress to tell him exactly what I thought about his idiotic comment. Now I don't know where to write to tell him what I think of him...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paul posted this on his Twitter account concerning the murder of Chris Kyle:

"Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"

I am at a loss for words. Way to go, Congressman - spitting on the grave of someone who only went to war because our nation's government (of which YOU are a part) sent him, and then blame him for his own death as he was attempting to help a fellow service member work through his problems. I don't have room to write how outrageous I think this is. I hope you good people of TX will dump him in the trash where he belongs next election. </div></div>

hes not spitting on anyone's grave - hes merely making an observation based off of his perception w/o letting emotion get involved - if you cannot do the same then you should not make any decisions - and if you honestly cant think of a better way to treat a mental disorder than going to the shooting range with the patient .......

paul voted against going to wars that chris kyle was part of - and was very vocal about getting out of them

if this is what honestly infuriates you about our political leaders then i would venture to say that your perception is part of our countries larger problem

also paul is retired - not running again - is no longer in the public sector

I guess this means Ron Paul will die by being a milquetoast, shit-talking moron; it's certainly how he has lived.

my blood is boiling... fuck politicians.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess this means Ron Paul will die by being a milquetoast, shit-talking moron; it's certainly how he has lived.
</div></div>

Yea he was a complete moron to think that the Private Federal Reserve should be abolished, and that we should have a sound & responsible, citizen serving Government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and if you honestly cant think of a better way to treat a mental disorder than going to the shooting range with the patient .......</div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">Former U.S. Army Ranger Sean Parnell addressed this point during an appearance on Fox and Friends this morning:

A lot of people are asking why are you taking somebody that’s struggling out to go shooting. Well shooting for guys like us in the military is a very, very familiar skill set. It’s like taking a basketball player out to shoot hoops, you know. And so, shooting with military veterans that are trying to re-adjust can be very healing, and Chris [Kyle] really used that well to his advantage to help people.</span>

(from ABC News)- "The symptoms can range from mildly disturbing to wholly incapacitating," said Dr. Jeffrey Lieberman, chair of psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City and president elect of the American Psychiatric Association, describing the nightmares and flashbacks that can haunt soldiers long after their return to civilian life. "And we're still limited in our understanding of why it occurs, what it consists of, and the best approaches to treatment." One treatment approach involves the slow, steady re-exposure of patients to their PTSD triggers.... Kyle was known to take veterans battling PTSD to the shooting range.

7 PM Central, or 1900 for the rest of you is a National Toast time for Chris Kyle, who was a Veteran, assisting other Veteran's the best way he could.
A shot for the ground, and a shot for me toasted to a man who deserves the utmost respect. I got word of this from another Veteran

oh for fuck's sakes.

Aside from the solid fact that none of us really know what the hell happened.. I can understand why Mr. Kyle brought this dude to the range for some active therapy. His logic was sound, and I'd probably would have taken the guy to the range too, because, as a lot of you guys know, shooting long range is like zen meditation. The focus, control, and concentration applied to the activity give me a chance to wind down and stop thinking about the petty BS that fills the civilian world. After coming home and being surrounded by all these whackos stateside, it was the best of my several coping mechanisms. After every range day, I was more relaxed, calm, collected, and got a good night's sleep. Giving a fellow veteran going through the same things I did the opportunity to experience the inner peace generated by a good day at the range is something I would be happy to do.

That this happened should not be taken as a measure against Mr. Kyle, as Dr. Paul says. Rather we should be saddened that such a man, willing to risk his life in service to his country and do everything in his skillset to help a fellow veteran is now gone before his time.

Copied this from Ron Pauls FB page.

"As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP"

Offers a little different perspective, but no excuse for shitty ass etiquette for one of our nation greatest heros and his family.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hes merely making an observation based off of his perception w/o letting emotion get involved - if you cannot do the same then you should not make any decisions - and if you honestly cant think of a better way to treat a mental disorder than going to the shooting range with the patient .......</div></div>

I disagree with that. That's just the way you handle it. Kind of like the first thing you do when you fall off a horse is get back on a horse.

Works the same with PTSD. Back when i was in Vietnam we had a guy who was in a mess hall (tent) that was hit with a mortar. He wasn't hurt but there was others that were. He wouldn't enter a mess hall or mess tent after that. He'd just start shaking uncontrollably.

So we drug his butt by force into the tent, not once but a couple times. After a few sessions we cured him of his fear of tents.

Same thing with my daughter. As I mentioned my Daughter was in the Clackamas Town Center, the shopping mall with the shooter. She had to hunker down in a pet shop for about 2.5 hours. A few days later the CT shooting occured.

She tells me she is afraid to go out in public. That was PTSD. I didn't want to wait until I could go to Portland to drag her out in public. I called my Granddaughter, my grandson and my son (her brother) and told them to get her out in public. Keep her out in public. It worked, a few shopping trips in the same mall, a few Portland Trailblazer games, and it didn't take long at all for her to feel comfortable in public again.

I know Chris Kyle knew a lot more about this then I do and I can see cases where the range is just the place to go for certain cases of PTSD.

Ron Paul is nothing but an asshole, Good thing he isn't running, cause I'd donate what ever I had to his opponent even if it was a Democrat, and I'm never voted for or helped a democrat before.

Chris Kyle wasn't "Living by the Gun" so to speak, he was helping his comrades in arms with their problems.

All you Ron Paul haters would have more freedoms if he would have won the election.

Ron Paul was always 75% right and 25% wacky.
That last 25% always scared me.

He needs a punch in the throat over that comment though.
Just because you think something doesn't mean you have to say it....or tweet it.

I don't see how this is an insult. Paul might not have any understanding of PTSD treatment but I know he was not trying to insult them. His whole mission was to end the wars so things like this wouldn't happen.

He had more active duty donations than all other campaigns combined. He is widely respected and still is from this vet and the guys I served with and we had six sniper teams in my platoon.

He was the only politician that stood up for your rights. Spoke decades ago about the cumming housing collapse, the feds printing us into total collapse level debt, the growing police state, how the wars were never going to end and we usually help place into power or fund who we go fight later. We helped Al Qaeda take Libya for hells sake and now Syria. Some people just cant wake up. Its too damaging to their ego and all they have beveled in for so long. No establishment candidate will ever have your best interests in mined. Romney had all the same major policies as Obama and was paid for by all the same corporations and banks. He is one of the last that actually care about a republic.

Ron never said Kyle deserved it. He is just fed up with people surprised at these events while supporting the policies that cause them.

You may not like it but part of wha he said makes sense. On the surface treating PTSD at a shooting range is short sighted. I had the same argument this morning but from the other side. I think Chris was trying to help in the best way he knew how; by being himself. Ultimately he died doing two things he loved, shooting and helping out his fellow warriors.

I disagree. Ron Paul's words:

<span style="font-style: italic">
Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword."</span>

That idiom is used quite plainly to indicate that someone <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED</span></span>.

"If Ron Paul was president...."

?

<span style="font-style: italic">
"eef I vas a rich man... yo bubba bub a bubba bubba bub a bub a bub a bahhhh"</span>

There are people out there saying "If Louis Farrakhan was president...." and their 'if' has the same odds.

It's just time to let this guy go. It's a shame he went out this way, but it's just the last straw. These statements, made at a time like this just cannot be defended.

--Fargo007

This may sound weird to some of you, but Chris Kyle and Ron Paul are both in my top 10 greatest heroes list. With that said, I know that many of you also know exactly what I mean by that. When I heard of Kyle's death I was physically ill and deeply saddened. He will be missed.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game" as they say.

RIP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paul posted this on his Twitter account concerning the murder of Chris Kyle:

I am at a loss for words. Way to go, Congressman - spitting on the grave of someone who only went to war because our nation's government (of which YOU are a part) sent him, and then blame him for his own death as he was attempting to help a fellow service member work through his problems. I don't have room to write how outrageous I think this is. I hope you good people of TX will dump him in the trash where he belongs next election. </div></div>

hes not spitting on anyone's grave - hes merely making an observation based off of his perception w/o letting emotion get involved - if you cannot do the same then you should not make any decisions - and if you honestly cant think of a better way to treat a mental disorder than going to the shooting range with the patient .......

paul voted against going to wars that chris kyle was part of - and was very vocal about getting out of them

if this is what honestly infuriates you about our political leaders then i would venture to say that your perception is part of our countries larger problem

also paul is retired - not running again - is no longer in the public sector

</div></div>

My "perception" is that it was a completely ill-advised and unwarranted statement, and completely disrespectful to Kyle's family. If you disagree, I challenge you to imagine the response you'd get from Mrs. Kyle if you asked her. It does, in fact, imply that Chief Kyle got what he deserved - that is the original context of that statement. If that's not what he meant, he was using it out-of-context in the first place.

I do not understand why you chose to consider me as "part of our countries [<span style="font-style: italic">sic</span>] larger problem." I believe in respect for our men and women who have served their country and especially those who continued to serve their fellow citizens and comrades after their military service was completed. I also believe anyone who would dishonor such service should be called on it. You can spin it how you wish, but there is no way to justify his statement. I do not hate Ron Paul. I do agree with the poster who said he was 75% right and 25% wacky. I might go so far as to say 75% brilliant and 25% wacky. It's the wacky part I was addressing here, and it definitely reared its head. I'm sorry if you do not agree, but will not stoop to call you part of any larger problem. I will just disagree.

I did note above in a subsequent post that I learned of Paul's departure from Congress right after my OP, when I tried to find his contact info through the Congressional website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All you Ron Paul haters would have more freedoms if he would have won the election. </div></div>

Old habits die hard, even when truth slaps you in the face.

I know that Ron Paul is not a supporter of the wars. It has turned out that he had a much better idea of the true cost than the people who dragged us into them. In this case I hope it turns out that someone hacked Ron Paul's twitter account. If it turns out that he actually said that he should be removed from office post haste. And, since he is a advocate of smaller government and reduced spending his pension should be forfeit.

If he did say it, it was a dick thing to say. It doesn't matter if he was in Vietnam or not, and if he was then he should remember how it felt to be a vet, in your own country, and be despised and feared by your fellow citizens.

I have yet to find a politician that says everything with tact or that I would agree with all the time. With that said, I would vote for Ron again if given the chance. He is the closest thing to what the founding father's were like that this country has seen in many years.

Fuck Ron Paul. He shouldn't have said what he said. If anyone can't realize that, then I guess you probly also fantasize about a circle jerk with Paul, Jones and Ventura. I guess what Ventura said that made Mr. Kyle knock him the fuck out was defendable as well right? Fuck that, fuck Paul and fuck Ventura as well.

That is the truth. You listen to him and think he is the guy. Then all sudden he says something way out in left field. Would not or could not vote for him. He is a wack job. Doesn't surprise me about his comment. This is another part of RP 25% of comments that is wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ron Paul was always 75% right and 25% wacky.
That last 25% always scared me.

He needs a punch in the throat over that comment though.
Just because you think something doesn't mean you have to say it....or tweet it. </div></div>

One of my closest friends suffers from PTSD and he is literally transformed when we go to the range. It's an amazing thing and a great experience. I understand where Chris Kyle was coming from and what he was doing and have great respect for him.

I think Ron Paul expressed himself poorly. I still have enormous respect for everything Ron Paul tried to accomplish and stand behind him still. I won't put words in his mouth but it seemed more like he was alluding to the fact that we build warriors to fight wars and sometimes this kinda shit is a result. I think it was more of a comment directed at the other marine that snapped.

People are mad (and I include myself in that group) and need somewhere to channel that anger. Ron Paul just made himself an easy target and it's a shame. I hope he explains himself, and does so in much more depth and in a forum other than Twitter.

Ron Paul made a stupid comment at a really bad time. Chris Kyle was a " celebrity" so to speak in the shooting world . In saying that, anyone who was fortunate enough to get that once in a lifetime chance, was probably changed for the better. Simple conversation from an honorable man like that could and would instill a better perception on life! Chris Kyle was the man that many young servicemen looked up to. If anything his shooting time with PTSD patients should have been therapeutic . I personally would have paid good money to get the chance to shoot with him for a day. There was a wealth of knowledge between his ears, and he stood up to anyone dogging out his brethren . Just ask Jessie Ventura.

-Ron Paul- "Hey everybody! Check out my new twitter account!" (Shits on Chris Kyle)

-People remotely interested in Pauls policies- "Fuck this dick and his policies!"

I agree with Paul on a lot of stuff but he needs to learn to articulate his thoughts in such a way as to not push folks away. Seriously, what good can a politician make of a 140 character twitter message?

Fucking moron.

I think I <span style="font-style: italic">may</span> see the point that RP was attempting to convey, but there is no way in hell that it is the sort of thing that could be conveyed in 140 characters (doing so in 140 words would tax a good writer and editor who took their time to tune the message).

Combine this with the absolutely opportunistic and piss-poor timing of attempting to make any sort of anti-war statement at a time like this, and you've got what is essentially an irrecoverable mistake. Since RP is retired this is largely a non-issue (other than providing yet one more piece of evidence to the masses that us libertarians are nutcases), but perhaps younger politicians can learn something here about clarity and timing. There are some situations that call for a quick and brief quip, but this certainly as fuck was not one of them.

Thank God his son is more stable and actually is defending my state the right way! Ron was always a whack job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God his son is more stable and actually is defending my state the right way! Ron was always a whack job. </div></div>

+10000000 to that, I would love to see him run for president

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God his son is more stable and actually is defending my state the right way! Ron was always a whack job. </div></div>

+10000000 to that, I would love to see him run for president</div></div>

Same here. Seems like he's got a set of balls and isn't afraid to say what needs to be said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">[/color]</span>

hes not spitting on anyone's grave - hes merely making an observation based off of his perception w/o letting emotion get involved <span style="font-weight: bold">[color:#CC0000]One cannot seperate emotion from an event with such bearing on those close with him or his family. Despite Paul's lack of emotion, it does not mean he shouldn't consider the emotion of those close. </span></span>- if you cannot do the same then you should not make any decisions <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">That is also a poor suggestion. Decisions affect people, no matter if you want them to or not. Emotions must be considered for any person in politics that is trying to influence opinion. </span></span>- and if you honestly cant think of a better way to treat a mental disorder than going to the shooting range with the patient .......<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">That is a common practice for treating PTSD, as it is the tool one used when getting the disorder. I was not aware you or Paul were experts on treatment of various forms of mental illness. This also assumes Kyle had all the "facts" now being reported by the media.</span></span>

paul voted against going to wars that chris kyle was part of - and was very vocal about getting out of them<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">And that gives Paul the freedom to be distasteful without public backlash? I don't think so.</span></span>

if this is what honestly infuriates you about our political leaders then i would venture to say that your perception is part of our countries larger problem<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">Paul is anything but a political leader. Leaders command respect, and give it. A leader recognizes that this is not the instance to preach. Just as Paul, with good reason, called out 0bama for politicizing Sandy Hook. Paul, however, is politicizing this murder. That makes the man a hypocrite----but we already knew he was a hypocrite as he frequently inserted pork for his district in popular spending bills he knew would pass, then "took the high ground" and voted against it; getting his cake and eating it to. He talks the talk, but fails to walk the walk.</span></span>

also paul is retired - not running again - is no longer in the public sector <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">Paul is still writing books, giving speeches, and still has policy groups. He's far from removed from public life. Kyle, on the other hand, was no longer a soldier. Ironic that your defense of Paul is that he's not an elected official, somehow, excusing his behavior.</span></span>

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God his son is more stable and actually is defending my state the right way! Ron was always a whack job. </div></div>

+10000000 to that, I would love to see him run for president</div></div>

Same here. Seems like he's got a set of balls and isn't afraid to say what needs to be said. </div></div>

Except when you ask him about the Bilderberg group. lol

I hope one of you Texans will do the right thing when you find him out at the bar.

What Ron said about Chris is a disgrace tells you what kind of man he is for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterrdy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope one of you Texans will do the right thing when you find him out at the bar.

What Ron said about Chris is a disgrace tells you what kind of man he is for sure. </div></div>

Ron Paul is like 80. I think that there is a high degree of probability that we won't be seeing him at the bar.

Just sayin...

Ron Paul's statement disgusts me. What it should have said is that Chris Kyle died, as he lived, in service to his fellow man, God, and country. RIP.

Ron Paul made a douche-bag comment and has not even apologized for it. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. He is not fit to have tied Chief Kyle's boots.