• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Room needed behind safe

timelinex

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2011
    Scottsdale,Az
    I am Installing an amsec bf7250 soon and I can't find any information on the room needed behind the safe if you want to plug the power cord up to it.

You would think there would be even 1 picture or video somewhere on the internet that showed the back of the safe (or even any other safe in the BF series). But there isn't. I've been looking on Google and YouTube for an hour.

Anyone have one or have experience with one of these to know how much the cord sticks out. I know typically you want to pit it up against the wall , but how are you guys with power hookups doing it?

I might suggest that the power outlet be next to, instead of behind, the safe so you have easy access. It would also allow the safe to be closer to the wall
    Let me clarify. The power outlet is not behind the safe, however as far as I remember, the outlet going FROM the safe is in the back. So you need to plug one side of the power cable into the back and that is what requires the space.

Unless I'm missing something?

Reactions: JRinNE
    Let me clarify. The power outlet is not behind the safe, however as far as I remember, the outlet going FROM the safe is in the back. So you need to plug one side of the power cable into the back and that is what requires the space.

Unless I'm missing something?
    They are usually recessed

I've been looking on Google and YouTube for an hour.
    Maybe call them, like on the telephone, and speak to someone, the people who make it? Surely, that'd take less than an hour. You could even suggest to them that they have that kind of information readily available on their website, if it wasn't there already.

Maybe call them, like on the telephone, and speak to someone, the people who make it? Surely, that'd take less than an hour. You could even suggest to them that they have that kind of information readily available on their website, if it wasn't there already.
    Call and speak to the company?! My generation doesn't know how to do this! Haha.

But you are probably right, this would have been a good option.

To be fair, it was the weekend and they were likely closed.

Hey, don't let me be the voice of reason. 😁 I'm the one that will waste an hour drunkenly mashing the keypad, verbally abusing the psudo-intelligent automated menu computer in 3 languages until it gets confused, gives up and connects me to some meatbag in a Guatemalan call center, so I can ask about product technical details that they don't know.

🤷‍♂️ Everyone needs a hobby, I guess.