• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Roscoe Pic Thread

cdopson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I'm saving up to for a William Roscoe Build. I've been keeping up with LA Precision posts but was wondering if those of you with Roscoe rifles would post your pics. Folks usually state what stock and model. Please add barrel and contour if you don't mind. Big help to us newbs.

Re: Roscoe Pic Thread

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0068-1.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

6.5x47L, 28in Heavy Palma Bartlien 700 action built by William Roscoe. It shoots awesome out to 1k. I have 400 rounds through it 2/3 of them over 600yds. I couldn't be more pleased, your money will be well spent.

Krieger 1-8" HV 27"
.243 Win Match
Trued Rem 700
Surface Ground Tubb Lug
Pillar Bedded in a ADJ. HTG Woodland
Remington Trigger set at 2.5#
Badger M5 DBM
Ken Farrell 15 MOA Rail
Tac Ops Bolt Knob
Flat Black Gun Kote

I'll use Roscoe's photo...he's a much better shot than I with a camera
smile.gif

243-1.jpg

It loves the hBn coated 115gr DTAC's. I had originally wanted to use the 107gr class of bullets, but could "only" get them to 1/4 MOA so I figured I'd give the DTAC's a try...glad I did. It's a great rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawgunner2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had originally wanted to use the 107gr class of bullets, but could "only" get them to 1/4 MOA </div></div>

That does suck............glad the 115's worked out to be a better bullet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't let Roscoe work on my hammer </div></div>

Hater.
smile.gif

Everyone should know that's a joke. William is one of my very best friends.
He's helped me several times the day before a match when I'm in a pinch.

I would love to post a pic of my L.A. Precision build............ When I get it
laugh.gif
Can't wait!!!

Shipping William a 20lb case of parts in the morning. Check back for my .260 pics next month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tiger260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shipping William a 20lb case of parts in the morning. Check back for my .260 pics next month. </div></div>

Is that the build time? That is some quick turnaround!

Back to pics.

Badger M2008 with spiral fluted bolt, spiral fluted 26" Bartlein HV profile barrel, AICS 2.0 stock, Vortex rings, and Vortex Razor HD.

260 Rem.

4403956319_a5b76d547f_b.jpg

I'm sending a McMillan and a Surgeon 591 to William this week or early next week for a 308 build.

Roscoe, you dirty dog, did you do the fluting on this barrel? I am tinkering with the idea of a 7mmMag, and fluting like that is down right sexy.

Roscoe invited R.G. and myself over to his place to check out his shop before the Terry Cross/Jim Clark shoot, and brought us down to Jim Clarks range just down the road.

Roscoe is a hell of a stand up guy, and turns out some mighty fine rifles, several of wich shot very well at that match. I would give him my business any day of the week!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roscoe, you dirty dog, did you do the fluting on this barrel? </div></div>

Yea, I used a dremil tool and about a gallon of WD40......it was a bitch
wink.gif

Kampfeld Fluted it for me, he does a great job and a hell of a nice guy.

wnroscoe, please excuse my ignorance but do you also dabble with Savage rifles?

Does anyone have a Savage build by wnroscoe you can share? Thanks.

Here is what I have to get started,

AICS 2.0
Rem 700 action
Bartlein HT 26"
Seekins base and 34MM rings
Roedale muzzle brake
Jewell trigger
and USO SN3 to stick up top

My hang up is, do I use the 700 action (from a Sendero that I have)or do I wait and get a custom action and leave the Sendero alone. Some opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. This rifle will be a 300wm by the way.

Just get a custom action. You will end up with a better rifle. The Remington 700 action is a good action but it still leaves plenty to be desired. There are so many excellent custom actions that are drop-in replacements for the Remington 700 that I don't see any reason to use a factory action on a custom rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roscoe, you dirty dog, did you do the fluting on this barrel? </div></div>

Yea, I used a dremil tool and about a gallon of WD40......it was a bitch
wink.gif

Kampfeld Fluted it for me, he does a great job and a hell of a nice guy.</div></div>

You're gonna get carpal tunnel if you keep that up.

2313906590048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

2517789900048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

Rem .223
1-8" Kreiger LV 20"
6 Spiral flutes
Threaded 1/2-28
A3/5 desert
OD guncoat with coyote flutes
Surgeon BM
1" Luppy 6.5-20x40 VariX3 with TMR
Seekins rings
Brownells 0 MOA aluminum base

did the virgin trip to the range yesterday with the new 7-300wsm that william put together for me. Couldn't be happier with the build and William is a stand up guy that i'd highly recommend to anyone that asks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Remington 700 308 Win
18.5" Remington 5R barrel, rechambered and recrowned
Timney trigger (thanks for the hookup on that spring Mr. Roscoe)
HS Precision LTR Stock
Leupold M3
TPS 0 MOA base and low rings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Badger M2008 with spiral fluted bolt, spiral fluted 26" Bartlein HV profile barrel, AICS 2.0 stock, Vortex rings, and Vortex Razor HD.

260 Rem.

I'm sending a McMillan and a Surgeon 591 to William this week or early next week for a 308 build. </div></div>

right click, save as......beautiful!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Rem .223
1-8" Kreiger LV 20"
6 Spiral flutes
Threaded 1/2-28
A3/5 desert
Surgeon BM
Seekins rings
Brownells 0 MOA aluminum base </div></div>

Bad ass! Sweet rifle pard!

my contribution to this thread. I am proud to say I own a LAP rifle. Roscoe you are a great guy to do business with,thanks again.

Its a 308 20" bartlien with an uso st-10
nfsdut.jpg

zxpttd.jpg

I'm thinking of doing a 6.5x47 next and I'm going to have Roscoe build that on one of his actions....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Badger M2008 with spiral fluted bolt, spiral fluted 26" Bartlein HV profile barrel, AICS 2.0 stock, Vortex rings, and Vortex Razor HD.

260 Rem.

I'm sending a McMillan and a Surgeon 591 to William this week or early next week for a 308 build. </div></div>

This is one of the prettiest guns I've seen on the Hide. Roscoe makes a sick stick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice work Roscoe!!</div></div>

No doubt about that!

Bet it shoots too!

260 Rem.

that's a sweet heart, but how's she shoot? any range reports?

nice stick there sir, would like to see some target pics if you have any
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: send it 77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my contribution to this thread. I am proud to say I own a LAP rifle. Roscoe you are a great guy to do business with,thanks again.

Its a 308 20" bartlien with an uso st-10
nfsdut.jpg

zxpttd.jpg

I'm thinking of doing a 6.5x47 next and I'm going to have Roscoe build that on one of his actions.... </div></div>

thanks sniperdude.

I ran this through Ontarget software and it measured .379 moa.
2u5uu13.jpg

The gun out shoots me any day and I am really happy with. Im still doing load development and expect to see more out of this rifle. I have a thread specifically for the progress this project has made, here is the link. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...988#Post1718988

Wow! I just looked at his website and it's very informative and knowledgeable, looks like I know where I'm sending my rifle to be worked on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Rem .223
1-8" Kreiger LV 20"
6 Spiral flutes
Threaded 1/2-28
A3/5 desert
Surgeon BM
Seekins rings
Brownells 0 MOA aluminum base </div></div>

Sweet! I love spiral flutes.

The fluting looks hard but in the end makes a rifle give it that EXTRA touch i guess you could say.

Well Mr. Roscoe I finally had time to post some pics of the awesome looking gun you built me. Let me tell you it shoots better than it looks by far. It took me some time to get a great load developement with the 180 bergers but now since I did the ladder testing at 700 and 800 I could really see where my nodes are. Thanks for the great work I hope to have you build another one soon. I threw in a pic of my 300 at the bottom just for sh*ts and giggles.

DSCN014421.jpg
DSCN0143.jpg
DSCN013624.jpg
DSCN014923.jpg

260 Rem.

One of my favorite rifles ever....

DSC03030.jpg

Definately not one of the "pretty" ones out there, but Roscoe built a definate shooter. It has impressed from day one.

6.5 x 47 Lapua
Rock 1:8" twist, M24 contour @ 24"
Trued stainless 700 w/ Rifle Basix trigger

Rem 700 S/A with no J-lock
Rock 24" M24 contour barrel, 1:11.25 twist
McMillan A4 USMC spec stock
Surgeon bottom metal
Badger knob
NF 20 MOA base and NF ultra rings
NXS 5.5x22x56 scope

250nps6.jpg

2jg5cbc.jpg

My group I shot over the weekend not to bad for me I think the gun outshoots me everyday but this is a good start. Thanks Roscoe
7wsm700yardgroup-CALC.jpg

I'm slowly accumulating parts for a custom rifle and will be sending them to Roscoe for the build. I spoke with him on the phone, and he was great to talk to. I'm very impressed with his work.

1-10 Krieger LV finished at 27"
300 RUM
Wyatts Extended Mag Box
Trued Remington 700
Tubb Recoil Lug
All metal Glass Blasted
Pillar Bedded in an A5 McMillan
Jewell HVR Trigger
Kampfeld Barrel & Bolt Fluting
Kampfeld Brake
Nightforce Glass, Base and Rings
15 lbs total.

Two weeks from ship date to pickup date. An Awesome guy to deal with and a friend for life. William is good to go.

11t5wkj.jpg

My Mr. Roscoe build.

Remington 700p 300 win mag
kreiger barrell
LA Precision trued bolt and action
LA Precision oversized recoil lug
Badger FTE
RifleBasix trigger
NF NXS
Leupold mark 4 rings
Farrell one pice 20 moa base