• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ross Schuler Brake

AGENT-X

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2013
Texas
I ordered a few of this for a couple .308's of mine, really happy with the ship time and look, but I noticed they must have shipped the wrong ones as the opening diameter is about .24" instead of about .33" for .308. Did I get the wrong ones like I'm thinking or do they come for .223 and need to be reamed for .308? Glad I checked before I timed it and launched a round into it. Looks great though and look forward to straightening it out and using it.

Talk to Ross directly. He'll take care of you if there's an issue. You should not have to ream out the brake.

+1 for Ross taking care of you. Great guy to deal with, and emails back way quicker than most. He shipped my part out the same day I sent him the measurements.

Email sent. Looks like I may not have ordered from him after all, I ordered from muzzlebrakesandmore.com, but after looking at it again I think these are similar and not the ones I meant to order... Kind of frustrating, but my mistake.

Looks like the mistake was made by me, I ordered from the wrong person. I emailed with Ross this morning and am getting the correct ones through him. Very quick responses from Ross. Thanks for sending me his email.

I just got it in the mail when I got home today, so I haven't even tried. My question for whom ever is can I have a smith open the brake up for a .308? Break actually looks good and would like to use it.

I was told by a smith friend of mine he could use an "R" bit or 21/64" bit to "ream" it out. I imagine that would work, but not sure if it would open up other issues.

Last edited:
Wait. Am I reading that a manufacturer sent you a barrel accessory with the wrong diameter exit hole? Or you ordered the wrong part?

Wait. Am I reading that a manufacturer sent you a barrel accessory with the wrong diameter exit hole? Or you ordered the wrong part?

He was sent a brake that was meant to be properly fitted by a qualified gunsmith. Most brakes are not reamed to size, nor ready to install.

He was sent a brake that was meant to be properly fitted by a qualified gunsmith. Most brakes are not reamed to size, nor ready to install.

Mike is correct. I've order several brakes from Ross and unless you ask specifically for the correct size exit hole he will send it with a .24 hole. As it needs to be timed anyway, reaming the correct diameter hole is no big deal.

Yes, Although, the first time I ordered I didn't actually order from Ross, I had ordered from Nathan and thought I was ordering from Ross. I had specified .308 (via email conversations), but was sent .240" exit hole. After receiving them I went back and read the website and read that Nathan sends them all with a .240" exit hole (they look nice just 4 port instead of 3). I think it would have been nice had he mentioned that in our emails, but it's my fault for not reading the website and just ordering through email. I've debated reaming these to the proper size, but I have no experience with that, so I would need to have a smith do it when having them timed. I then emailed Ross directly and ordered from him yesterday.

The main reason I wanted to order from Ross is I use my rifles for work and myself and another "co-worker" got new rifles without brakes and wanted to test out new ones. I had heard the Ross brakes were excellent, so we were going to check them out.

Last edited:

Ok. I'm aware most brakes have to be fitted, I was worried that a maker was sending out multiple out-of-spec parts.

I'm going to drill out and test the ones I bought from Nathan as well. They look nice as well, and are probably very effect too. Although I will stick to ordering from Ross in the future as I had a much better experience with him. They are both getting timed and installed tomorrow. I hope to have time to test them both as well.

My brake from Nathan is being installed right now. I got one of the three port tactical breaks from him. Looked nice actually, will give a report next week.

Got them timed today, only shot with the one from Nathan so far. Very nice, accomplished what I wanted. I got rezero'd and was shooting nice tight groups and could watch the bullet impact. Very nice!