• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rota pod

30/50

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Colorado
I was at harrisbipods.com and saw this rota pod adapter. Has anyone seen or used one of these yet. I thought it might be good for a pdog gun. If you have please let us know what you think.

Re: rota pod

I saw this on the Harris bipod site, but couldn't find any reviews on it. I bought one to try out on my SRS, but won't be able to get my hands on it till I get back to Texas in Sept. I think it will be handy, as long as it has the option to lock when you don't want to use the rotation feature.

Anyone else around here have one of these?

Harris Rota-Pod

Rotating3.jpg

RBA6.jpg

RBA2.jpg

RBA3.jpg

Rotating2.jpg

unfortunately, it doesn't lock.

heard back from Harris on this specific point.

he said it rotates 35 degrees both ways providing 170 feet field of view at 100 yards.

i'd prefer a locking mechanism to keep it at 0 but the fella said it's spring loaded so it doesn't move freely.

If you needed a picatinny adapter for a Harris, then I could see this as a possible benefit. However the spring mechanism on the Harris allows for spring loaded panning and instant return to center. That and recoil absorption are benefits of that design.

I can already see guys lining up to buy these so they can attach a pic rail to a bolt gun, then stack the adapter in there.

Maybe I am just being jaded and I need to get one to try it out on the AR15.

Looks nice but I use a podlock for a reason, not being able to lock the panning is a no go for me. Add the additional height and that is just nuts.

I have been using one on my SRS since last Aug. I haven't noticed any issue with height like was mentioned above. I would prefer it to have the option to lock at zero, but it hasn't been an issue. And if I ever were to get a hair up my ass about it I'm sure it wouldn't be too painstaking to machine something onto it to improvise a lock mechanism - but thus far it hasn't been an issue.

I've shot the rifle out to 1000+ several times with great results. The lack of a zero lock and height have not been a hinderance in any way.

As for using the horizontal swivel for quick target acquisition. Obviously it can be done without the rota pod. That being said I have enjoyed using it to do multi target drills; it makes the transition between targets much smoother. FYI I'm doing these drills from impromptu firing positions, i.e. rocks, dirt mounds, mud... "real world" FFPs. If I were shooting from a bench or cement at the range the benefit of the rota pod is diminished since you can just slide the bipod on the smooth surface to the next target.

Either way it isn't going to make or break your shooting. Just another tool that can be used to make a specific task a bit more seamless....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the rotation affect loading the bipod? I would think that it would be uneven resulting in more work to stay on target.</div></div>

I can't comment objectively since I haven't used a fixed mounting system on my current rig to compare the difference. But I can say I have had no issue spotting my shots out to 1025y.

Saw in another thead re rota-pod that the website for those products, other than being a reseller of "Harris" bipods has nothing to do with the real harris bipods. Some on that site are mods by them and not endorsed by the real manufacturer of the Harris bipods (they don't have a website). Anyway despite this I like their offerings including the rota-pod. I just got one and can report to everyone that the new ones do have a locking mechanism so they did "fix" that issue for those interested.

Thanks for the update. Figured it was only a matter of time till they added the lock.

I'm not finding any Rota-Pods for sale that have a locking mechanism. Spartan care to post a link to the one you found...

For the money you will have wrapped up in this to pan a little why not just get an atlas? It already does all of it.

I know this is an old thread but just wondering if any one else have any experiance with this or any thing to add after using it more?