• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**ROUND 4.5 !!** 100YARD+, 20round SHOOTOUT! SEMI-AUTO!!!

MoBoost

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2012
Midwest City, OK
www.okshooters.com
YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT COUNT UNLESS YOU FOLLOW THE RULES!!

**ROUND 4.5 !!** 100YARD+, ONLY TARGETS / ENTRIES SHOT 09/14/14 AND FORWARD COUNT!!! Please be honest with yourself and the rest of the sniper's hide community!! Please date your targets!!

**ROUND 4.5 !!** 100YARD+ SNIPER'S HIDE SEMI-AUTO

#01 0.630 MOA Qksilverrs "10/22 Volquartsen 17HMR 100y
#02 1.023 MOA StogieC AR10 Core30 308Win 100y
#03 1.079 MOA ptlcop AR10 JP 308Win 100y

RULES:

1) Any rifle in any caliber, any muzzle devices, any weight, any sights, 24 hour time limit.
There will be an overall standings chart, but I will also run sub-ladders:
Semi - autoloaders must be fed from the magazine ... please no bob sled/single shot followers or single feed by hand.

2) Folding bipod or sand bangs only. No mechanical rests, no bench rests, no vice, no F-Class-style bipods. Any rear support (bags, monopods, squeeze-bags, etc).

3) This is going to be 100+ yard challenge. All measurements are going to be in MOA. Since some people think that 100 yards is boring or that VLD bullets aren't stable yet - you can submit entries at any distance past 100 yards (not closer).

4) 3 groups of 5 shots + 5 bullseye shots - 20 rounds total.
The three groups can be anywhere on the target.
The 5 shots will be scored from Point of Aim to Point of impact - the worst one of five will be counted as your 4th group.
The score will the average of 4 groups.
Must be on ONE target. You can use any target that makes your shooting more pleasant. Make sure there is enough space between groups to distinguish them. The bullseye must be obvious aka printed target with dots/diamonds/squares etc. If you are using a marker or sticker - post a picture of the target before and after (I don't want any "I meant to hit that" funny business).
Printable target:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxdZBsajKwARdGFxVE03UkwxTkU/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B32uMamJ7SAPdUs2Q2ZsSE5PemM/edit

5) Any member can have multiple entries, but there will be only one entry per rifle. You can try again with the same rifle and improve your standing. Or you can shoot a different rifle and have a separate entry. Switching barrel to a different caliber will count as a new rifle.

6) This round is over on November, 30th 2014.

7) Please, be honest!!!

That's all.

ENTRY:

1) Please post a picture of your rifle as shot

2.a) Write your snipershide name on top of the target
2.b) Write distance to the target
2.c) Write the rifle and caliber you were shooting
2.d) Write the date the target was shot

3) Place a US Quarter or closed calipers in the middle of the target (away from groups, don't try to be funny and cover a flyer) and post picture of entire target showing all 20 shots. You don't need to measure anything - just post the picture of target with a Quarter or Calipers on it (or both). Try to take picture at 90deg to the target so that there is no perspective errors.

A Quarter is .955" and will be used as a reference in OnTarget software. I will personally run every entry through the software to the best of my ability. If someone wants to volunteer to double check my input - that would be great.

If you don't live in US - you can use any large coin of your choice with a diameter measurement.

4) Barrel maker, load data, conditions etc - up to you.

SUMMARY:

Any rifle with a folding bipod or sandbags @ any distance past 100 yards.
Take a picture of your shooting rig.
Shoot 20 rounds - 3 groups of 5 and 5 on bullseye dots in one day on one piece of paper (4 groups of 5 rounds for "big-bore" entries)
Write your name, distance, rife/caliber and date on the target.
Place a Quarter or calipers on the target and take a picture.
Post both pictures, add info as desired.
I will do the tedious measuring for you and post back in the thread and put you on the leaderboard.
Have fun. This is a good opportunity to get your zero in check!

EXAMPLE OF ENTRY:
23mptv7.jpg

ng54yr.jpg

EXAMPLE OF SCORING:
Name: StogieC
Rifle: Core30 TAC LR / 308 Win 100y
Worst CtC: .829 MOA
Average: 1.023 MOA
Bullseye: 0
50qw4o.jpg

Last edited:
Rifle: JP LRP07 .308
Optic: Nightforce 2.5-10X42 Mil-R
Ammo: Hornady TAP 168 amax
Distance: 100
Rest: Atlas bipod/ Triad large wedge

5y8ymusa.jpg

danaryde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**ROUND 4.5 !!** 100YARD+, 20round SHOOTOUT! SEMI-AUTO!!!

3 shots out of the 20 killed my whole target...

On those three I simply took too long to break my shot. I should have had the discipline to stop, take a few breaths and start that shot over....

The one labeled cold bore was my actual cold bore though and I was happy with it.

I really think the four good shots on my top left group is the capability of this rifle. Admittedly, the 10x scope holds me back for this level of precision, but that is not the primary purpose of this rifle.

Here is my 6 groups from last October... I feel I've made a lot of progress from then(50 rounds on this gun) to now(1485 rounds on the gun).
teqehe8e.jpg

Last edited:
Qksilverrs
Volquartsen Custom Semi-Auto 17HMR.
100yds
Not sure which target will do better so I am submitting both. I'm sure one will average out better. Select which ever is better and post it Moboost :)

df8e801faec5b7459352a82222fb3392.jpg

2640328e92193e391a38752d62b914d8.jpg

c1e78eb10dcf58ea4d4be5ead64c883c.jpg

Last edited: