• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Round 5 100 yard challenge - suggestions needed.

EPSON0561-1024x791.jpg
post-15032-0-91433200-1410319597.jpg

Round 5 100 yard challenge - suggestions needed.

This was a lot of fun to shoot. I'm not quite sure what happened with those two low shots on the bottom two.

Somehow the zero on my bolt gun was off today, I'll have to sort that out before I shoot a set on it.

Last edited:
Any wagers on this or is this just for fun? Is there a time limit on entry? Once a week/ Once a month? Also where are you guys printing this target?

Last edited:
I know there is an existing rimfire thread. Is there any chance in adding a rimfire class to the semi and bolt threads? It would definitely bump participation of the guys like me that have a little stick to train with and maybe some will jump ship from the other thread.
Otherwise love 4.5 MoBoost keep up the good work

I don't want to "lock-in" the target - but I will provide a .pdf file that can be printed. To keep it fair and if you don't want/don't like my target - you can use any target you want, but since it's too easy to fudge on "one hit" groups - a picture with clearly marked points of aim before the shooting will be required.

The one shot will be scored from the center of the target to the center of bullet impact (in the software I will actually input two rounds per target - one the center of the targets, the other the actual bullet impact)

The scoring will be average of three 5-round groups and the worst one shot group; if you got your rifle shooting where you aiming - that one shot theoretically should be HALF of your worst 5-shot group, therefore helping the overall score.

Sample:
2u44i1i.jpg

Sized:
14c9vzl.jpg

And the scoring groups:
jfjjo2.jpg

Average: .580 MOA

Is this too confusing?

Is this 8.5 x 11 or 6x5?

I know there is an existing rimfire thread. Is there any chance in adding a rimfire class to the semi and bolt threads? It would definitely bump participation of the guys like me that have a little stick to train with and maybe some will jump ship from the other thread.
Otherwise love 4.5 MoBoost keep up the good work

I shot the round 4 match with a rimfire...and did pretty good ;)

Is this 8.5 x 11 or 6x5?
There are two types of blank targets linked in the 4.5 challenge post for your convenience. Or use your own that clearly shows point of aim even if you obliterate it by shooting it out, like the center of a bulls-eye or square. They are 8.5 x 11 but if you can shoot 8 targets on a single 6x5... Go for it.