• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

rowing

HKpirate

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
Chardon,Ohio
southingtonhuntclub.com
Well this gets limited real quickly based on where you live. But does anyone on here row on a consistent basis and I am not talking about a canoe here.
I started about 3 years ago when looking for a good workout that would get me outside and since I have a 900 acre lake along our property it seemed like a great idea.

Anyways I was just curious if anyone rowed on a regular schedule because this seems to be the best overall workout I've ever received and the cardio benefits seem to be tremendous , along with legs and chest seeing gains.

If you have the ability to get out and row on a regular basis I highly suggest it as a awesome workout that gets you outside and often a great way to clear your mind.

I don't row, but my fiancé does. We met in high school while we were both on the crew team. She rowed in college and still coaches. It's a fantastic workout, just gotta be careful with form. She was at a D1 school so worked pretty hard. She has some minor back issues now, but if you are out just working up a good sweat and keeping good form, you should be fine. It starts to hurt your back when it's 2-a-days and races on the weekends.

Erging (rowing machine) is also very good for those not able to get out in a boat. But for those near a boathouse, most of them have learn to row programs and rent singles for relatively cheap.

For many decades I was rowing out of a little boat house we have at our local collage. I was always bow seat since I was the smallest. The Spring, Summer, and Fall works included running the stadium. There were 24 wells with 94 steps to a well. After that it was on the water. Out of the boat house both the Olympic & National team was based. There were times I was lucky to have Mike Teti coach me. The fall I did the head races from both Boston & Philly.

The Winter was the worst, it was just the erg. I really hated that machine but come Spring I always saw the benefit.

Maxwell