• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA LAR-8 JAMMING

Tacreloader

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Ak, Anchorage
Got an RRA LAR-8 about two months ago,it ran good until I shot about 200 rounds out of it and now it jams up on the second from last round ever time and the bolt will not stay locked open. Same problem or something different? Is it the gun or the mags.

Re: RRA LAR-8 JAMMING

Always go with the cheapest and easiest part to replace....the magazine. 90% of all auto loading issues are magazine related.

Start there

Contact their customer service, its outstanding, I had an issue and the had the rifle shipped back and repaired within 2 weeks

I have over 500 rounds through mine, and just recently it started jamming on the last round in the mag. I have tried several different fal mags, and the problem would still occur about every 3rd magazine. I got my polymer mags in and tried those last weekend. The rifle ran flawlessly with the rra polymer mags. I would like to know what was causing the malfunction with the steel mags, because like I said, they ran great for the first 500 rounds. RR told me to send the rifle to them and they would inspect it. I will send it in if the situation occurs with the polymer mags.

Did you get your mags and did it work for you?

i had problems with ANY FAL mag i tried to put in mine, inch or metric...

got a RRA mag at a gun show, and it worked perfect....

Rockriver can you provide more information about how the rifle is malfunctioning.

Diaper,

My rifle was misfeeding the last round. The bullet tip would lodge to the left or right of the chamber without any of the cartridge entering the chamber.

The problems surfaced again after the switch to the polymer mag. It even started happening mid-magazine rather than the last round. I sent the rifle back to Rock River, and they reamed and polished the chamber a bit.

Since I have had the rifle back I have had zero problems.

I also learned an important trick with the Steel FAL mags. Over time, the feed lips will open up a bit, and cause your rifle to attempt to double feed (push two rounds toward chamber at same time)
-- Quick fix... Lag mag on hard surface, and tap on feed lips with mallet until they close just enough to function properly.