• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RRA LAR-8 Predator HP Range Report - Sub 1/2" 3-shot Groups @ 100 yards.

m1key1111

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2013
I picked up a RRA LAR-8 a couple of months ago and used some of my bolt gun loads and the best grouping I could get was about 3/4" group @ 100 yards, still better than what was advertised.

Since I'm new to the semi world (mostly a bolt gun guy) I had mounted the scope mount backwards on my LAR-8 so I flipped it around and moved my Vortex 4-16x50 over to it. This weekend we went out and were shooting groups off a front rest and sandbag on the rear and we were able to get the groups down sub 1/2" @ 100 yards using 168gr SMK BTHPs over 44grs of Varget @ 2.800 coal.

The best group was .300 3 shot group @ 100 yards but most of the time it averaged between .300 - 1/2" groups. I was very impressed for a 100% stock rifle. I've put about 200 rounds down the pipe without any feeding issues, etc both with my FAL metric mag and regular RRA composite mags.

Below are some pics: The top group was from my remington 700, after shooting them my friend picked up my RRA LAR-8 and said he could do just as good, and he put 3 rounds down and that is him pointing to the LAR-8 group. The LAR-8 was doing about 1/2" all day but then he layed down that .300 group with it!

We were both very impressed with this gun. I wanted to wait to get a GAP-10 but honestly for half the price and this level of performance I'm just sticking with my RRA.

Top pic closest in the RRA LAR-8, the other two pics are of the group.

http://i.imgur.com/bjZtPBr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5NBiLXl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ixmHgE4.jpg

My LAR-8 with 20" standard barrel shot 0.5" - 5 shot groups right out of the box with 150 gr. factory ammo. I have since acquired a 26" Varmint upper that I haven't shot yet, but hope for some LR prairie dog hits in it's future. I have RRA's .243 PP upper & still tweaking it to get it below an inch. I would like to build a .260 upper, but so far haven't found a barrel. Yup, they are great guns with a very nice trigger!

I've been happy with my LAR-8 standard operator, 20" barrel, Vortex Viper 4x16 FFP scope and an Atlas bipod Still working up a hand load but it's an MOA rifle. . After getting a couple hundred rounds through it I found the accuracy increased. I'm using the RRA/Thermold 20 round magazines and haven't had a single feed problem. For the price this is a very nice rifle.

I have RRA's .243 PP upper & still tweaking it to get it below an inch. I would like to build a .260 upper, but so far haven't found a barrel. Yup, they are great guns with a very nice trigger!

Rock River makes a .243 upper?

Rock River makes a .243 upper?

They did in years past. Also made a 7-08. I kept asking them to make a .260 or 6.5 Creedmoor, but to no avail. They kept telling me the 7-08 and .243 were more popular......they don't offer them anymore......go figure.........

I've been happy with my LAR-8 standard operator, 20" barrel, Vortex Viper 4x16 FFP scope and an Atlas bipod Still working up a hand load but it's an MOA rifle. . After getting a couple hundred rounds through it I found the accuracy increased. I'm using the RRA/Thermold 20 round magazines and haven't had a single feed problem. For the price this is a very nice rifle.

168gr SMK BTHP, 44 grains of varget, lake city brass, fed 210 primer, 2.800 coal is what I shot those groups with if you want a good starting point.

I need some help making my mind up, Ive got 3 7.62 guns, I only want one to use for long rang matches and 3 gun matches. Ive got my LAR-8 Predator, A 700 SPS, and a M1A socom 16. Im trying to sell 2 of them, right now Im leaning tward keeping the Rock River. Any thoughts, has anyone used thier LAR-8 in 3 guns. Or has anyone pushed thier LAR-8 to good rang 800-1000 with good results?