• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS 34L vs Vortex Radian Carbon Tripod

You've not mentioned which RRS tripod you're considering. The one to get in my opinion is the TVC-22i Mk2 SOAR. The inverted legs are a really great feature. I looked at the above RRS (whilst on a trip to the US) and it was a really nice piece of kit but I couldn't source one in Europe when it came time to buy as everywhere was out of stock so went for a cheaper alternative. It's clearly a copy of the RRS but for the money it's very good, though I concede maybe not quite as good as the RRS (or US/European made).

I ended up with a Leofoto SO-322C, MH-60 Ball Head & LSC-50 Lever-Release Hybrid Clamp

If you're just using it to hold glass and other such stuff, no.

If you're using it to shoot off of.....then yes it's worth double. RRS is on another planet stability wise than most other tripods. You usually have to go with a significantly larger leg diameter with other brands to get the same stability.