• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS Bino adapter

sharpdoug

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2017
Sugar Land, Texas
In November I purchased a pair of Leica 3000hd B binoculars. I’m not steady handholding most binos, and ranging has been a challenge up to this point. RRS makes outstanding products and I’m looking forward to using it on the 3000’s. The mount arrives on Thursday and I’ll give a full report with pictures etc. more to follow...

Attachments

• 0A191E46-19B1-4CFF-A0D5-C7C29B4375BA.png
    0A191E46-19B1-4CFF-A0D5-C7C29B4375BA.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
Glad to see the mounts are shipping, I ordered one a few weeks ago, haven't heard anything from them about shipping yet. Tripod is being delivered today.

This adapter looks like you could just leave it on your binos full time, even going in and out of a chest pack. Really cool idea. Ordered mine today.

This adapter looks like you could just leave it on your binos full time, even going in and out of a chest pack. Really cool idea. Ordered mine today.
That was their idea. Got notice mine shipped today. Now I need to find a good chest pack

The Alaska Guide Creations bino packs are really good. Along with my binos, I can carry my Kestrel and range finder all in one unit. Great having everything right were you need it.

Took it to the range yesterday and I love it. Super easy to setup and use. Just another wonderful thought out design from RRS. I highly recommend this product. Ranging was precise and stable. And yes you can leave it on and store the binos in the case. Going to order another for my Swarovski el 10x42’s. Great deal for birdwatchers as well. ?

I just got shipping notice on mine I ordered a few weeks ago, sounds like they just finished a batch.

That was their idea. Got notice mine shipped today. Now I need to find a good chest pack

Check out marsupial gear. I have one of theirs and love it, they make a little side pouch that attaches to it for a rangefinder that I really like also. I love that the top flap folds out away from your body then has magnets to keep it folded away.

Reactions: Wyzrd
I just got shipping notice on mine I ordered a few weeks ago, sounds like they just finished a batch.

Check out marsupial gear. I have one of theirs and love it, they make a little side pouch that attaches to it for a rangefinder that I really like also. I love that the top flap folds out away from your body then has magnets to keep it folded away.
Good call on the Marsupial bino pack. Looks great. When opening or closing the pack do the magnets make a loud clicking noise?? I’ve played with a few packs that used magnets that were really noisey

I recieved this clamp the other day. Installed it on my Swarovski binos. I'm loving this clamp. Rock solid, and out of the way when I am not needing to use the tripod. I'm very happy I bought this!

Reactions: Mike4837
Good call on the Marsupial bino pack. Looks great. When opening or closing the pack do the magnets make a loud clicking noise?? I’ve played with a few packs that used magnets that were really noisey

If you just flip it over it will snap together hard enough for a little snap, but if you place the magnets together by hand they don't make any noise. So you can open it and secure it quietly if you need to.

Reactions: mrtoyz
Adding pic of Swaro 10x42 SLCs to this thread as well so folks can see mount working on multiple binos.
923CD348-4B9C-45E3-9CA5-9D01874DDF91.jpeg

For those using bigger/heavier binos, how is this mount stability-wise? Especially in moderate winds?

I am not a huge fan of the stud mounts with 15x and similar, but it’s hard to see this one doing much better with larger bodies hanging off of it.

Last Friday while we were at the range the wind was 17-25 gusty from the south, we were shooting to the west. So gusty the PRS barricade was moving. The binos were as steady as I was...not?. That being said the RRS strap held tighly and spotting wasn’t a problem. I really like the fact I won’t loose it as it stays on all the time.

I currently use the outdoorsmen mount for a Sig 3000BDX. This looks nice and I like how it can run any binos. Anyone have any comparisons?

Just got mine in the mail, I have only used it in my house so far but it is rock solid. Very low profile. Early impressions, I am very impressed. I'll definitely be ordering another to keep one on my 15x I mainly use for prs/range use and one on 10x I mainly use for hunting, no issue what so ever of binos fitting into my hunting bino harness with it on, and it was a pretty tight fit without the adapter.

back in stock as of today. If you have one on order already, look to your email later today.
Any more comments or impressions would definitively help me out in the product improvement area.
I think you guys nailed it.
My Leica 3200’s fit in there with just few points of contact but it seems to be enough. Love the fact it’s so low profile that I don’t need to remove it.

Not surprised at any of the accolades about the RRS stuff. I have a few of their products, my favorite being the dual Arca/pic mount for my Atlas... or maybe my multi-optic mount (use it for spotting scope and LRF). RRS is one of those companies where, if the product looks like it will work for whatever function you need it for, you can rest assured that it will.

back in stock as of today. If you have one on order already, look to your email later today.
Any more comments or impressions would definitively help me out in the product improvement area.

Only thing I could think of, and this may not matter at all, is maybe have a pivot point in the metal base to offer more contact points across more sizes of optics? But again I love mine and have zero complaints or issues with them. It just flat out works, and works very well. The low profile is such an underrated point, I have no issue leaving it on my binos full time, no matter what I am doing.

Reactions: sharpdoug
I've been using the outdoorsmans stud and mount but thinking about trying one of these. Is this mount more stable than the the outdoorsman?

Reactions: kindabitey

That post has a few other peoples comments on the mount, how it works, comparisons to other mounts, and more pictures.

@chadrp hope they have already answered your question or are able to.

I've been using the outdoorsmans stud and mount but thinking about trying one of these. Is this mount more stable than the the outdoorsman?
I've used both Outdoorsman's mounts (stud and bell mount). I've found the RRS mount more stable than either one.

That post has a few other peoples comments on the mount, how it works, comparisons to other mounts, and more pictures.

@chadrp hope they have already answered your question or are able to.
Thank you

I am late to this thread. I have some Geovid 2400 that I was relegated to using the Leica bino adapter with the strap over the top. It worked but it required me taking the binos in and out of it when hunting or when wanting to use my tripod at a match. The RRS offering is so simple and seems to hold my Geovids with no issues, and the best part they fit in my FHF bino harness with no issues. So easy now to mount on my tripod and take off and store safely in the the harness.
I agree with the sentiments that if it says RRS on it you can believe it will work as intended.

I don't see how you can improve on this, it's excellent, works on any binos, it's stable, reasonably priced, and small enough to leave on the binos all the time.

tenor.gif

I don't see how you can improve on this, it's excellent, works on any binos, it's stable, reasonably priced, and small enough to leave on the binos all the time.

tenor.gif

The only possible "improvement" I could think of would be making the dovetail to spec on 4 sides vs just the 2. I saw somewhere that some guys have mounts (maybe on Grey ops plates?) where the clamping surfaces are front and rear instead of side to side? Doesn't affect me as the RRS adapter works awesome on my K3000s both in my Anvil-30 and on the mount I made for the top of my spotter.

Reactions: seansmd
The only possible "improvement" I could think of would be making the dovetail to spec on 4 sides vs just the 2. I saw somewhere that some guys have mounts (maybe on Grey ops plates?) where the clamping surfaces are front and rear instead of side to side? Doesn't affect me as the RRS adapter works awesome on my K3000s both in my Anvil-30 and on the mount I made for the top of my spotter.
Yes this is unusable on a Grey ops plate.
20200103_151320.jpg

Don't they have one side for Arca, the other is for Manfrotto standard? I agree once you are arca would be nice on all sides.

@dgheriani , @simpy16 , @seansmd
Reviving this thread just to give you guys a heads up/update. After your comments and some time in the market we dropped the manfroto standard and now our new ones shipping as of today are RRS Bi-driectional so they will work on peoples gamer plates and other products where needed.

@dgheriani , @simpy16 , @seansmd
Reviving this thread just to give you guys a heads up/update. After your comments and some time in the market we dropped the manfroto standard and now our new ones shipping as of today are RRS Bi-driectional so they will work on peoples gamer plates and other products where needed.
That is great to hear...not sure if I need to sell my current one to pick up the new option but it is fantastic how well you guys listen to the customer voice and respond accordingly!