• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS BTC-Pro alternate

I just checked, it says backorder ok and allows me to add one to cart.
Hmmm.
Just tried again:
Screenshot_2019-03-30-09-22-42.png

Just send your clamp in for the upgrade with your name, number, and email address stating you would like to have the knob upgrade for 15$. Pretty simple. Sorry I have been away on vacation for the past week. Back to work Tuesday.

Any way to get the knob upgrade shipped to me? I have the Harris adapter with the old knob and my son just ordered the same one last night.

Post #16 in the thread answered this. You have to send the adapter in to RRS
Any way to get the knob upgrade shipped to me? I have the Harris adapter with the old knob and my son just ordered the same one last night.

So I was going to backorder one, until I found RRS wants $16.62 shipping. For a clamp that weighs- what? 3 ounces? That doesn’t add up.

That's cheaper shipping than mine, it was 17 something. It sucks but I have a new cal waiting so I'd like it asap.

You can backorder it on bh photo and get it shipped free but pay sales tax so it does save a little.

That's cheaper shipping than mine, it was 17 something. It sucks but I have a new cal waiting so I'd like it asap.

You can backorder it on bh photo and get it shipped free but pay sales tax so it does save a little.

I had one on back-order from B&H, but I was worried the RRS direct orders would exhaust the supply and that I'd still be waiting. Any update on the time frame for direct order shipping?

So I was going to backorder one, until I found RRS wants $16.62 shipping. For a clamp that weighs- what? 3 ounces? That doesn’t add up.

If your just using the shipping estimator on the website, some times it has an error and automatically selects the fastest way or 2nd day air. If you go a step further in the check out process the shipping usually automatically fixes itself. I know seeing a large shipping estimate doesn't make you want to go any further, apologies for the inconvenience. Call me and Ill put one on back order for you and we will see what the shipping cost will be. With USPS I should be able to get it to $8 ish.

As far as timeline goes for new ones to ship. The 19th is still holding up for some orders. We also sent another batch to anodizing first thing today so they should be ready in 2.5 weeks and every order will be fully caught up after that.

If your just using the shipping estimator on the website, some times it has an error and automatically selects the fastest way or 2nd day air. If you go a step further in the check out process the shipping usually automatically fixes itself. I know seeing a large shipping estimate doesn't make you want to go any further, apologies for the inconvenience. Call me and Ill put one on back order for you and we will see what the shipping cost will be. With USPS I should be able to get it to $8 ish.
Ups was the only option for shipping when I ordered yesterday. I would have done USPS for $8 if it had been available.

Yes. Cheapest option listed is UPS for $16.62. If you can ship it cheaper, you really need to add that to the checkout shipping options.

Yes. Cheapest option listed is UPS for $16.62. If you can ship it cheaper, you really need to add that to the checkout shipping options.
Sorry for the inconvenience, I will work on it. Lots of fires burning. Call me if you want it to go through USPS for now. I know some people are able to ship USPS for some items from website, Ill dig into it.

I got confirmation yesterday that my order was shipping which I placed a month ago. My shipping was good to go.

Reactions: Rutter
@CavReconScout @msstate56 @chadrp @TonyTheTiger
Ok after I did some research and asking around. The website has an option for USPS if the order value is under 45$ which is standard for most companies. Over that amount it is removed from the website. There is no tracking with the lowest option usps available no issuance and they get lost all the time and we got tired of losing money that way since we typically replace the items lost or stolen no questions asked. If you want it to go USPS, that would be considered a custom order so feel free to call in and I can make the order for you.

UPS shipping rates. In January they went up so one of the cheapest $ amounts with them I believe is 14-16$ but guaranteed and insured. Stil pretty high but that is the reason, and I said I would look it up for you guys.

Thanks for checking into it! Mine should be here Thursday, honestly once it was inbound I forgot all about shipping costs...

Heck they could have charged me double on shipping and I wouldn’t have cared. Happy to see it on its way.

I’m sorry but that is still way too high. When I can get a case of ammo weighing 25 pounds shipped for $16, I’m just not buying it. If that is truly what it’s costing you to ship a 3 ounce item- I suggest you renegotiate your shipping terms. Or don’t, it’s not my company and nobody has to listen to me.

@MPHReallyRightStuff

Just wanted to give you a shout out for supporting the Lonestar PRS event a couple weeks ago. I picked up a BTC pro (old knob) from the table. I didn’t need the pic rail capability but why not have it if everything else works.

This weekend was shooting with a buddy and his cheap chinese crap took a shit. He shoots a pic rail and guess what, clamped right into his and I put on my arca spare.

Good design and thanks again for supporting the events, you made one more sale to my buddy due to a prize table pickup. ?

I’m sorry but that is still way too high. When I can get a case of ammo weighing 25 pounds shipped for $16, I’m just not buying it. If that is truly what it’s costing you to ship a 3 ounce item- I suggest you renegotiate your shipping terms. Or don’t, it’s not my company and nobody has to listen to me.

A small flate rate box is less than $8 for me and less for a business account. B&H Photo sells these for $90 shipped.

I got my BTC Pro in and got it installed directly to my Gen 2 CAL. Fit right up, looks great and works great. The only thing I notice is that there may some interference with being able to turn the knob when the legs are folded all the way up backwards (assuming knob is installed for left hand use.) I am not even sure how this would be an issue during real world use, so no big deal. Perhaps if one wanted to use the front of the bipod as a makeshift barricade stop? Like I said, no big deal for me but thought it might be interesting to discuss amongst the group. Maybe I am doing something wrong too.

Clamp looks great and locks on solid to an Area419 rail.
Pretty annoyed it didn't come with screws though.

Sorry on being out of stock man. We have them in the machines now, and itll be off to anodizing a little after that. Should be to peoples homes in 3 weeks or less. We made new knobs/new design to give people more leverage and it slowed up our normal supply along with some big orders. To answer your question I don't think there are others since it is a licensing issue.
Does RRS still only deal direct?
I'm the industrial manager for one of Western Canada's largest photo retailers www.mcbaincamera.com
I sell a lot of sport optics and photo equipment to local LE (Edmonton Police Service, Royal Canadian Mounted Police) and Canadian Forces. We have recently made the decision to expand our product line (Swarovski and Khales) and I would really like to be able to supply some of your product.