• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS BTC-Pro alternate

I have 4 of these, but one came that doesn't spring open like the others.

Love the fact it works quickly with both picatinny and RRS rail, but hated the knurled knob and wasn't sure if i liked the newer knob much better. If one Pod-Loc is good, two must be better!

IMG_0818.jpeg

What was involved in the change is it as simple as unscrew the handle and put the podloc on or did you have to replace to cross bolt?

So just to confirm, I have a cal gen 2 with the ADM QD atm. To use the RRS BTC I don't need an adapter plate right?

What was involved in the change is it as simple as unscrew the handle and put the podloc on or did you have to replace to cross bolt?

It's definitely "warranty voiding" of both the RRS and Pod Loc :)

So the Pod Loc uses a 10x32 thread, however the the stock RRS bolt/knob is 10x24. I simply removed the stock knob and bolt, rethreaded the RRS plate to 10x32 and used a steel based epoxy in addition on the threads to secure the new bolt.

I machined the "skirt" of the Pod Lok down so it was flush (+ washer) just to make it a bit cleaner/lower profile.

Someone else earlier in the thread mentioned using the Caldwell bipod pivot lock, and tapping its smaller insert (comes with 2) to 10-24, which is the cheaper option that doesn't involve modifying the RRS plate. I simply felt the Pod Loc was a much higher quality unit. You could try and re-tap the Pod-Loc 10-32 to 10-24 but I'd rather do a re-tap job on the plate where I can use epoxy as threadlocker in addition, and leave the lever threads alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anderson_A
Any chance of making this for a Ckye pod?
I asked that very question yesterday to MDT and they said they don't have an option today but might consider something in the future. For anyone that has a Ckye, does the QD attachment bolt off, and if so could the base be drilled and tapped to accept the Atlas bolt pattern?

You can remove the QD but you dont want to tap the bipod for an Atlas pattern. The best part about the Ckye is that the whole thing clamp is held on by one point so it rotates on the bipod giving you 360* of motion. You move to a 2 screw design on the bipod and you've just lost all pan.

You could make an adapter. Then the bipod rotates on the adapter and the BTC-Pro attaches to the adapter, but now you have moved your bipod apex lower. The right way would be the have the BTC-Pro have just the single hole for the Ckye (and set screw hole on the side for tension of pan). The other downside is that it looks like the BTC-Pro screw interfaces the opening of a pic rail. downside is that you can't slide down a pic rail like you can with the current Ckye pic adapter. As I type, I'm seeing why MDT doesnt make a mount for Arca and Pic rail.

You can remove the QD but you dont want to tap the bipod for an Atlas pattern. The best part about the Ckye is that the whole thing clamp is held on by one point so it rotates on the bipod giving you 360* of motion. You move to a 2 screw design on the bipod and you've just lost all pan.

You could make an adapter. Then the bipod rotates on the adapter and the BTC-Pro attaches to the adapter, but now you have moved your bipod apex lower. The right way would be the have the BTC-Pro have just the single hole for the Ckye (and set screw hole on the side for tension of pan). The other downside is that it looks like the BTC-Pro screw interfaces the opening of a pic rail. downside is that you can't slide down a pic rail like you can with the current Ckye pic adapter. As I type, I'm seeing why MDT doesnt make a mount for Arca and Pic rail.
https://406bullets.com/products/the-ckye-pod-rrs-soar-lever-release-clamp-adapter

If you just order it, they'll ship when back in stock...

Perfectly aware of that but I need one within a couple weeks for a match so if it’s not gonna be here I’ll take my chances trying to find one that pops up for sale even if it’s at a little bit of a premium vs waiting for RRS to hopefully ship in time. You know as well as I do how consistently inaccurate manufacturers lead times are in this industry.

Perfectly aware of that but I need one within a couple weeks for a match so if it’s not gonna be here I’ll take my chances trying to find one that pops up for sale even if it’s at a little bit of a premium vs waiting for RRS to hopefully ship in time. You know as well as I do how consistently inaccurate manufacturers lead times are in this industry.
Understood, though RRS tends to be fairly accurate in their estimates; but I get it.

Apology for the lack of communication when using my name. I actually disappeared for vacation for a few days and deliberately tried to stay off everything for once.
Just got in today, asked about the status of the BTC-pro that should be complete and found we scrapped them. Making another batch right now, going to go find out timing on competition, and when we will ship to anodizing. I will give further heads up when i know.

Apology for the lack of communication when using my name. I actually disappeared for vacation for a few days and deliberately tried to stay off everything for once.
Just got in today, asked about the status of the BTC-pro that should be complete and found we scrapped them. Making another batch right now, going to go find out timing on competition, and when we will ship to anodizing. I will give further heads up when i know.

Thanks for the update. I kept putting off ordering until now because i thought our shop wouldve got some in before i really needed it.

If I wasn't out of the country, I have a couple of RRS lever clamps that I could've shipped to you for use for your match while you wait for the BTC-Pro to come in stock.

Hopefully you find what you need in time.

Has anyone tried one of these with a 5-H? Any pics of the attachment? I’m having trouble visualizing the fit.

I don’t have the list memorized for a Sunday post but I know they are always in the processing stage so we will be pushing them out asap. I’ll see if I can check back in on Monday and refresh this.
Any timeframe on BC-18 and BPC-16 micro ball head backorders? Thank you.

I don’t have the list memorized for a Sunday post but I know they are always in the processing stage so we will be pushing them out asap. I’ll see if I can check back in on Monday and refresh this.

@Jackomason For the BTC-Pro:

So it looks like, the number out for coating services will cover the backorder, and plus up our stock for both the HC-Pro and BTC-Pro, and new SC-DUO clamp that has yet to be released. They all share a common Jaw which is the hinge point currently. Coating service, laser, assembly puts all orders shipped and we are in stock of each of those 3 items end of January.

Reactions: deersniper
@Jackomason For the BTC-Pro:

So it looks like, the number out for coating services will cover the backorder, and plus up our stock for both the HC-Pro and BTC-Pro, and new SC-DUO clamp that has yet to be released. They all share a common Jaw which is the hinge point currently. Coating service, laser, assembly puts all orders shipped and we are in stock of each of those 3 items end of January.
Great. I can get by with the way I have things configured for the time being. Thanks for the ETA.

How do these relate to the new clamp head on the CKYE-Pod that works with both Arca and Picatinny? Is it the same thing just adapted to fit the Ckye-Pod?