• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes RRS scope mount

DDoug

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2012
I know that the spuhr is the most popular but has anybody tried the RRS uniblock mount? I’m looking for a new mount and just ran across them. I have a couple MPA ba mounts and have nothing but good to say about them just looking to change it up. Between the Spuhr, MPA ba, and the RRS which one is the best.

Haven't used one myself, but @lowlight speaks highly of them in his podcast with @MPHReallyRightStuff in the RRS episode. In fact Frank brings them up because everyone wants to talk about the tripods and overlooks the mounts.

No experience with spur or MPA, but the RRS is top notch. Really like them for comp guns. They are the sleekest looking and no sharp edges, blend well on the gun.

Hawkins makes a really solid 1-piece as well

No experience with spur or MPA, but the RRS is top notch. Really like them for comp guns. They are the sleekest looking and no sharp edges, blend well on the gun.

Hawkins makes a really solid 1-piece as well

I've got two of the Hawkins heavy tactical mounts now, and I have been really happy with them.

I looked at those also they look good and I like were level is.

Yeah, that was one of the things I liked about them, as well as the top picatinny rail on the forward ring. I've poked them about making a SIMRAD mount that fits the same spot as the pic rail, but no idea if that will actually get made. I'm hoping so, as I eventually want to get a SIMRAD.

Reactions: DDoug
I’ve had one for several years now. It’s been the one piece of hardware that stayed a constant fixture as every other type of scope & rifle came and went. There’s just a lot of little things that add up to a very nice optic mount. Like the springs on the rail clamp, stepped ring clamps that align themselves, etc. It looks good and has very repeatable return to zero. I’ve yet to put a single drop of loktite on any of the screws, and the torque spec is only 15 in/lb. It’s seen a little shy of a thousand rounds of Creedmoor through 3 different rifles, never an issue.

It’s a really badass scope mount from a really badass AMERICAN company, and I’ve been extremely happy with it.

Reactions: DDoug