• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS Tripod with Area 419 Arcalock clamp

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I currently have the Area 419 Arcalock rail on my rifle and plan on using the Area 419 Arcalock clamp for my Atlas bipods when they arrive hopefully next week. I was about to purchase a Two Vets Tripod but am thinking of holding off and just saving up for the RRS TFCT-34L with Anvil 30 package. My question is can I convert the Anvil 30 or any of the RRS ballheads or leveling bases to take the Area 419 Arcaoock clamp? I don't have any rifles that have picatinny rails so that option is not really needed.

I’m sure you could find a thick enough Arca adapter to drill and recess for nuts to match the bolt pattern on the bottom of the arcalock clamp but I don’t think the juice would be worth the squeeze. You would still have a non-arcalock Arca connection between the adapter plate and leveling base or ballhead.

You really don’t need to worry about this, you will be fine with a quality RRS control piece, I’ve never had one slip. The arcalock has its place with barricades and bag attachments, just think this application isn't one where it is needed. My TA-3 clamps the shit out of my rail.

First, let me say that I own a ton of Area 419 stuff and love it, so I'm not knocking them.
But RRS clamps lock up tighter and way more easily than the Area 419 arca clamps. This goes for standard arca rails and Arcalock rails. So in conclusion, you could but you're taking a 9.8/10 tripod system and turning into a 7.8/10