• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear RRS TVC-33 VS 22I

plinkin

Mall Ninja
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2014
florida
Curious if anyone has had experience with these 2, I'm looking for the most rigid sturdiest setup but would like the flexibility of 3 legs.

Is the 22i more rigid with its 2 leg setup?

Will be used for spotting and shooting.

The 33 has thicker legs, if that’s what you’re asking, and is rated for more weight if that’s relevant. I don’t know that you’ll see a stability difference between them spotting and shooting.

The 22 has a fairly specific use case and for everything else the 33 or 34 makes more sense.

The 33 has thicker legs, if that’s what you’re asking, and is rated for more weight if that’s relevant. I don’t know that you’ll see a stability difference between them spotting and shooting.

The 22 has a fairly specific use case and for everything else the 33 or 34 makes more sense.
Gotcha I'm trying to buy once cry once, I want the setup to be as solid as possible.

Technically the 22 will be stiffer than the 33 and the 33 over the 34. Less joints = more stiffness

I own a 34 for ease of travel/packability and tight field shooting positions.

Personal opinion, the thing the 22 does better than the 33/34 is deployment speed for glassing or to take a kneeling shot fast. Again, Less joints = less flex but the stiffness you give up on the 33/34 is not worth the loss of versatility.

I think the 34 is the most versatile followed by the 33 and the 22

Reverse that for Speed of deployment

Technically the 22 will be stiffer than the 33 and the 33 over the 34. Less joints = more stiffness

I own a 34 for ease of travel/packability and tight field shooting positions.

Personal opinion, the thing the 22 does better than the 33/34 is deployment speed for glassing or to take a kneeling shot fast. Again, Less joints = less flex but the stiffness you give up on the 33/34 is not worth the loss of versatility.

I think the 34 is the most versatile followed by the 33 and the 22

Reverse that for Speed of deployment
Do you think the difference in stiffness is negligible or enough I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the 22 and the 33?

something else to think about

22 is taller in full deployment

if you plan to travel/fly, get the 33

the 22 is crazy long, especially with a head on it

i had to buy a new bag just to fit it

Do you think the difference in stiffness is negligible or enough I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the 22 and the 33?
With perfect form you might see a difference on paper from the first position.

Through the lens of shooting a match or shooting in the desert with my buddies I don’t want to give up the versatility of the 34 for a tiny more amount of stiffness.

I wanna get a 22 in the near future but I see it more as dedicated support for speed than versatility. Halving my pick for a rocky / hilly match location I’ll always grab a 33/34.

That said I know some really good shooters running 22s off scabbards and slings.

There is no size fits all, gotta pick the tool that will fit best for your shooting but the stiffness of the RRS systems to me would be a secondary consideration

Last edited:
Reactions: plinkin
With perfect form you might see a difference on paper from the first position.

Through the lens of shooting a match or shooting in the desert with my buddies I don’t want to give up the versatility of the 34 for a tiny more amount of stiffness.

I wanna get a 22 in the near future but I see it more as dedicated support for speed than versatility. Halving my pick for a rocky / hilly match location I’ll always grab a 33/34.

That said I know some really good shooters running 22s off scabbards and slings.

There is no size fits all, gotta pick the tool that will fit best for your shooting but the stiffness of the overall system to me would be a secondary consideration
10 4 thanks, I'll be on the lookout for a TFCT 33 with anvil.

I have a 34 and bought a 22 both with anvils.
22 slightly steadier. Quicker to deploy make adjustments etc with only one lock and it’s up top.
34 is what you want for travel

I got the 22 for hunting. Quicker deploy , BIG reason was its inverted so dirt sand mud snow stay out of interior legs and locks

A16403F9-CD56-408F-A89A-13059A25B4C9.jpeg

Lots of info here

Reactions: PowPowHawg
I have had the 22i and loved it. It was really solid. I traded it for one that collapses down to a small package though. If I were just shooting competitions only it would be my go to.

Another thing about it is you have to spread the legs way out of you are going to be shooting from the sitting position. At least I did.

I was originally torn between the 22 and 33. In order for me to shoot sitting on the ground, the 22 would have to have two legs swung out in the middle position and the third leg out in the third position. The anvil has enough tilt range to let you do this on the 22, but the footprint is rather large. I ended up with the 33 for the greater versatility when setting up on inclines or when a smaller footprint is needed such when seated in a ground blind.

I would be interested in a custom length 22 with shorter legs. I don't need the maximum height of the current production specs. If you don't plan to glass with a 22i, there's no reason for the current leg length. Perhaps a shorter maximum leg length that will max out at your standing shooting height will help reduce the footprint some while seated.

Reactions: deersniper