• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rudolph Optics 3-16x42 VH

leendertp

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2021
The Mooooon

I have spent plenty of time on these forums and others looking for a scope a lot like this one. FFP, mil/mil, 23oz, illuminated, tactical turrets, made in Japan.

I think many of the people looking for a scope in threads on these forums would have this satisfy their requirements. It's essentially a crossover similar to the Razor LHT, obviously not as good, but quite a bit cheaper.

I found one on a ridiculous special, bought it, figured I didn't have much to lose. I think it's a really nice scope. I can give my impressions in more depth if anyone is interested but my question is why do you guys think it's isn't more popular? Is it just the unknown brand quality factor or dose nozone know about these scopes?

I guess I was just curious.

First I've heard of this brand. It bears an uncanny resemblance to Sightron's S-TAC 3-16x42:

comparison.jpg

Specs are almost identicle too.

Mr Rudolph is a very nice and knowledgeable guy. I met with him a few years ago at SHOT. Rudolph optics is based out of SA and I spoke with a close friend from SA and he is very familiar with the brand and Mr Rudolph. He told me it's a great 'me too" product, and the company is very consumer oriented, however, as they have no infrastructure here in the USA we opted to not become a dealer. If they had a USA based position where customer service and warranty could be addressed we would be carrying them.

First I've heard of this brand. It bears an uncanny resemblance to Sightron's S-TAC 3-16x42:

View attachment 7868825

Specs are almost identicle too.
I wonder if it is the same scope. People who know about factories and know what OEM means might know.

I asked Rudolph where it is made, they told me Japan. Doesn't make it true, and I think the S-tac is from the Philippines? Does that mean they have to be different?

Mr Rudolph is a very nice and knowledgeable guy. I met with him a few years ago at SHOT. Rudolph optics is based out of SA and I spoke with a close friend from SA and he is very familiar with the brand and Mr Rudolph. He told me it's a great 'me too" product, and the company is very consumer oriented, however, as they have no infrastructure here in the USA we opted to not become a dealer. If they had a USA based position where customer service and warranty could be addressed we would be carrying them.
I went to look at all their scopes. The rest are more predictable. This one looked more interesting, for lack of a better word.

From what I understand, Sightron has their own manufacturing and design facilities. I suppose it might be a re-branded Sightron with a few modifications. Country of origin isn't always cut and dried. Parts can be sourced from one country then assembled into the finished product in another country.

Bottom line, you sound like you're happy with it. Both it and the S-TAC look like pretty decent cross-over scopes.

I have doubts the model in the post above is of Japanese origin. Only 1 scope on their site (the most expensive OPS model which looks a lot like the Primary Arms platinum) states the country of origin = Japan.