• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rugby World cup

goober

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Auckland , New Zealand
Anyone coming down to New Zealand to attend the rugby world cup ?? I know rugby isnt big in the States but your USA team isnt to bad considering -Canadas team also as it happens -mind you well flog them both senseless lol

Re: Rugby World cup

As much as I would love to come down, not going to happen. Although you are correct about the All-Blacks and Canada, I wouldn't be too smug as there are some other teams that will give the All-Blacks a run for their money.

It's going to be a good World Cup and I can't wait. Thank you satellite provider.

Would love to come down, when they opened the general available tickets up they sold out almost instantly. A group of friends and I...all former or current rugby players tried to make it happen. I'll just have to settle for a nice stout on the couch or at a bar watching the action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone coming down to New Zealand to attend the rugby world cup ?? I know rugby isnt big in the States but your USA team isnt to bad considering -Canadas team also as it happens -mind you well flog them both senseless lol </div></div>

I wish, I'm going to probably drop by OZ and NZ next year in the spring, but just planning on watching the Rugby worldcup from the pub here
smile.gif

I've always wanted to go to the Rugby World Cup, but this year won't work. I'm just glad to watch some full sides instead of the sevens that's always on tv. I want to see rucks, mauls, and real scrums. Love the WC.

Would love to come down and watch but will have to make do with watching England win on high def instead ;o)

I played for 10 seasons (and feel it every morning).
sick.gif

My sports package and HDTV will have to do this time!
cool.gif

I would love to come down. It's not like the thought didn't occur to me, either.

But I can't - or shouldn't.

And I do have soft-spot for the Canadians.
smile.gif

Great to see some interested in the sport of Rugby .To tell you the truth I have never seen a test match live. Im to scared to break that special feeling I get watching it on the box -know it sounds weird .Courage wolf if your down this way -Im in Auckland - make sure you PM me and well go for a shoot !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great to see some interested in the sport of Rugby .To tell you the truth I have never seen a test match live. Im to scared to break that special feeling I get watching it on the box -know it sounds weird .Courage wolf if your down this way -Im in Auckland - make sure you PM me and well go for a shoot ! </div></div>

I'll make a point of it man I'd love to hoist a pint and burn some powder down under with ya
smile.gif

I usually see Hong Kong Seven's, Household 6 goes every year.

Rugby is a big sport out here in Hawaii, even bigger in Samoa.

The eagles rugby team from USA play Ireland tomorrow in the rugby world cup.A Marines brass band have flown down from Hawaii to lend support -all players to wear black arm bands to remember 9/11.
All Blacks beat Tonga but not a great effort/Scotland beat Rumania but only just.The opening ceremony was amazinnnnggg!

Well England's game was NOT pretty but a win is a win. Never seem Wilko miss so many before. Lots of improvement needed!

The only thing I get excited about on TV is the World Cup. It's tough for Americans to see the cup this year since NBC/Universal sports has the rights to it. They are only showing 8 games! I figured out how to rig my computer to my TV and was able to purchase the whole package for $150.00. It's not nearly as nice as just being on TV but I'll take it. The World Cup is always awesome due to countries like Romania and Georgia, they pull out all the stops and just grind at the top rugby nations. My wife is from South Africa, we met while I was playing down there, so we of course are always pulling for the Eagles, and the Boks. I also played in Wales for a season for British Steel, so I love to see the Welsh do well. The last World Cup we won tickets to London after the Boks beat England, a good English mate made a wager for air fare over the final! I hope it comes down to the same again this year!

Sorry for long post, this is the apex of sport for me!

The Apex for just about every New Zealander also.Im going to sit down and watch Aussi play Italy -walk over for the Aussi Team for sure

Impressive score line for the USA

Ireland 26 (Tommy Bowe, Rory Best tries; Jonathan Sexton penalty, conversion; Ronan O'Gara conversion), United States 10 (Paul Emerick try; James Paterson penalty, conversion).

Delay ch'e delay!!!! I got on the hide this morning and saw you posted and had to log off until I had time to watch all the games!
smile.gif
I am very proud of how the Eagles played today, I hate to admit that I didn't expect anything, but found myself standing up for half the game, just like the SA v Wales game. I'm jealous of your access to the games. No sport in the world like RWC! Are you going to any matches?

Ireland are no easy side so yes the USA Eagles did a great job and what a great intercept and try !
Sadly I am not going to any games -truthflly I prefer to watch it on the tv .
I did go to the big party event for the opening night on our water front -200k people what a falmin dangerous time that was -totaly out of control with the crownds allmost to thick to navigat through -seriously scared for the wife and myself -mind you when we arrived at our friends 80ft crusier aahhh the luxury .
South Africa Wales will have to go down as a great game -Wales has only ever beaten the yarrpies once and nearly did again with the dis-allowed kick which appeared to have swung inside the right post .

USA versus RUSSIA tomorrow , this should be fun !I belive Hillary Clinton will be there ad even better miss Russia oooh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USA versus RUSSIA tomorrow , this should be fun !I belive Hillary Clinton will be there ad even better miss Russia oooh. </div></div>

You mean this one....

196300_10150109744855256_180520800255_6217680_2681433_n.jpg

Not bad but would you really put her in this league....?

Hillary113.jpg

Puh-lease.....
grin.gif

My wife's working the RWC as a rep for Heineken this year, so she's the one who gets to go to all the games
frown.gif

Even though I just found out USA actually has a team competing, I'm rooting for the All Blacks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife's working the RWC as a rep for Heineken this year, so she's the one who gets to go to all the games
frown.gif

Even though I just found out USA actually has a team competing, I'm rooting for the All Blacks! </div></div>Hey Dogtown , you working over at WETA ?
If your around Auckland lets Hook up -in fact if your around in Novemeber and you can commit to a shoot in Waiouru you might be able to come play with the army snipers with us -pm me

Yeah, I'm part of the American contingent in Peter Jackson's Wellywood empire. PM sent...

Just getting caught up on the games, enjoyed the USA v Russia. You can see the current mindset of our politicians, sending HRC whilst Russia sends that hottie.....SA v Fiji should be an entertaining game, going to try to watch it live. Looking forward to NZ v France, you never know what's going to happen.

France and NZ -Yes always a good game even if the Frogs have been shithouse in there four nations they usually bring a different game to the All Blacks -playing the Blacks inspires other teams which is a real pain in the arse !LOL

The question....... Break into OBR fund for tickets to RWC in NZ? The answer.... Watch all my favorite teams lose from home for free and take frustration out on the range with new OBR.

But youll miss all this talent C'he is hiding down there.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZ6akiKPls8&feature=player_embedded#!"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZ6akiKPls8&feature=player_embedded#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Nbc& universal sports are showing a few games. To get all the games I purchased the online packages from universal sports. I have it wired to my tv, picture kind of sucks due to most of my stuff being low-tech. Last world cup you could purchase a channel with all the games, but unfortunately NBC got ahold of it now and have really made a mess of it.

brilliant,Ireland beat Aussi .Some northern hemisphere teams aren't to bad.South Africa ill be tough as they always are

It was painful to watch the US get trounced by the Aussies on Friday but the France/NZ game was much more fun to watch! Ireland was impressive yesterday too.

PS ch'e, I emailed you back - got your message really late Fri.

not long now,

Stoner wins motorgp championship @ PI

its 26 to 0 in the Aussie Kiwi Rugby League International @ half time

hopefully some omens

WOW !!What a game . We did bloody well and we solid most of the time .The Aussi's on attack do look dangerous and have some great ability to side step -just not good enough last night -thank God.

Will we choke on a Frog ??It wouldn't be the first time

Congrats, C'he.

Watched it last night, great match. Glad to see my team won. Been to two matches in NZ and have been a die hard fan ever since.

Cant imagine the hangovers in Auckland this morning...suprised you were able to type anything
wink.gif

Seriously , I sat at home with my wife and watch the game and had 2 cups of coffee-I know my friends had blinders at the local bars but they just hurt me to much now days.
It was the worst the All Blacks have played in all their matched in the world cup and they were lucky to come away with a win