• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger 10/22 accuracy

So, it seems as if it is possible to build a 1 moa 10/22 on a budget (replacement barrel, free foot stock & do your own trigger work). Right?

I have had several 10/22s over the years, but only have 2 now, 3 if you count the Volquartsen. My old 10/22T was a gift and shoots well enough. Several months ago, I happened to be in a shop when a guy was trading in a 10/22. I noticed that it had a Kidd barrel stuck in a Hogue stock. I started paying attention and heard him talking about putting trigger parts in it. The guy from the shop downplayed the upgrades and I got it cheap enough. I'm not sure that I would've paid retail to buy all of it and put it together, but for what I've got in it, it's well worth it.

The CZ and the 10/22 are both great. The CZ will probably be more accurate, but the 10/22 can be more fun. Both are accurate enough to be excellent hunters.

So, it seems as if it is possible to build a 1 moa 10/22 on a budget (replacement barrel, free foot stock & do your own trigger work). Right?

Absolutely! I should've taken a few pics, but I just got back from shooting 1/4-3/8" groups at 50 yards with my 10/22. Built on the cheap, the Shooter's Ridge barrel being the only aftermarket piece on it. And a bonus... my little home-built plinker is just as happy eating bulk Winchester and Federal than it is with the pricier stuff