• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ruger 10/22 firing Arrows?

SwampFox on RFC made one, it was pretty cool. Not sure the specifics of the build in regards to your questions. Sorry.

I vote you go ahead and do it!

Ruger 10-22 Deluxe Arrow Conversion Kit | LaRue Tactical

So I am curious, I have never heard of or seen such a thing until today. Converting the 10/22 to fire arrows, is this feasible? How long does this system actually last? I own the 10/22 Takedown and it would be interesting to use the second barrel pouch for an arrow barrel.

Oh it's feasible. I bought one. Haven't killed anything with it yet, but it won't be hard to do. The system works well, other than having to hand load a blank for each shot into a 10/22 chamber. First shot needs to count. It's surprisingly accurate.

Well, I've been reflecting on this for a while and except for "it's possible" I can imagine...................................why?

It seems like a concept from the time when grenades were fired from the end of rifle barrels. They claim extreme accuracy though. As to why, you could pin squirrels to the tree, or rabbits to the ground with it lol.

I have seen one built on a bolt action single shot 22. Shot grapefruit sized groups at 60 yards with heavy crossbow type bolts and 125 grain broadheads.

LaRue started selling them about 5 years ago. Two fools at work have them. Fun, but for the money I can buy other toys.

I don't believe that would work with the 10/22 Takedown. The barrel attachment methods are different from the standard 10/22.

My bow cost a lot less than that, and I'd bet my arrows fly faster. Since it still uses a firearm receiver it would ban you from archery season anyways, just like the PSE AR-15 one, so what's the point?

One reason for this type of device is fishing. Taking fish with arrows (thus allowing you to get the retrieve the fish) is legal in some states, although I don't think using an arrow firing rifle would be considered okay. In a survival situation, it may be handy, but I believe you'd do better with a good G.I. Gill net, and a bullet firing rifle. With all that said, it's still pretty cool...