• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 magazines

trauma1

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2012
My son and I are starting to educate ourselves in the 22 world.
Modifying a Ruger 10/22.
The few magazine I have found have been of varying quality.
Who makes a higher round solid mag?
Does anyone make one in metal?
Thanks for your time and input.

As everyone else as said, as long as I can remember (the 80's) shooting 10/22's the most reliable mag options have always been factory Ruger. The only other mag I've found that's really good is the TI25 mags where you can adjust the fit of the mag to the gun, but since Ruger released the BX25 mags they seem just as reliable, don't need fitting, and are half the price.

Butler creek 25 round steel lips are “bullet” proof. Glad I got a hefty stash. Plastic lip ones work well but wear out after about 3000 rounds. Ruger bx are ok but not as reliable.

Butler creek 25 round steel lips are “bullet” proof. Glad I got a hefty stash. Plastic lip ones work well but wear out after about 3000 rounds. Ruger bx are ok but not as reliable.
That is good to know thank you.

Ruger also makes a factory 15 round mag. We’ve had good luck with them as well.

Factory 10 rounders.

And the 15

And 25’s

Single 25’s

I haven’t found them any cheaper.

Ruger also makes a factory 15 round mag. We’ve had good luck with them as well.

Factory 10 rounders.

And the 15

And 25’s

Single 25’s

I haven’t found them any cheaper.
Thank you !!!!!

I am a big fan of the DoubleKross magazine body for the Ruger BX-10. It's like having an easy-grip baseplate, but it's 10 more rounds just a flip away. I have used them with both Ruger parts (steel lips) and Tandemkross (plastic lips) equally well. I use them in a TI steel challenge gun, 10/22 takedown, first year 77/22, Charger, and a PWS Summit.

Reactions: trauma1