• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 Magnum

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Just picked up a Ruger 10/22 Magnum at the local gunshop this morning. I thought the rifle was new because it looks so good. But the guy told me it was used. I was just wondering what kind of experiences has been had with them.

Re: Ruger 10/22 Magnum

check with ruger last i heard they all have been recalled. something about the bolt breaking.

I haven't heard that. Too many floating around for that to have happened. Maybe your thinking about the recall of the Remington 597 17HMR.

I will say it was cheaper than any I have seen on Gunbroker or any other place. Just checked it for function and everything works fine.

Love mine - just a fun little gun and have never had any problems and have shot <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">plenty</span></span> of rounds.

I didn't hear anything about a recall or the bolt breaking - as I said, mine are fine. I know that they are quite sought after now, so good find. Congrats!

Glad to hear that. it's raining here so I can't get out are see how accurate it is. I put a Burris 3-9X40 on it and bore sighted it. I function tested it and it did good.

the main reason they were called back was for extraction problems however dont send it back because you wont get it back
if its the double extractor bolt remove the back side xtr and put a power custom or vq xtr in it. makes them run much better and was a great find there pretty rare nowadays also check out rimfirecentral.com

i was just going off my davidsons rep. thats why the whole gun was discontinued. just mentioned it because i would hate to see someone get hurt. still may want to check with ruger about a recall. maybe its only a certain serial number range?

just talked to my sales rep he said there is a recall and you can call ruger at (603)865-2424 and give them your serial number and model and they will let you know if your gun is under the recall

I definitely won't send it back. And I have already checked out the extractors you mentioned just in case there is a problem. I may even go for a Volquartsen trigger group.

Hilbillee,

You might want to check out Clark Custom Guns also. They carry a lot of parts and acc. for those too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely won't send it back. And I have already checked out the extractors you mentioned just in case there is a problem. I may even go for a Volquartsen trigger group.</div></div>
Kidd Trigger, Top notch rifle deserves the best.

i second the kidd trigger also if your at it get a polyurethane buffer the metal one will eventually get beat up and bend just something i've found on both of mine if its the two extractor version you gotta remove the back extractor though they come lose and screw stuff up when they do. there good guns wish they still made them

Good Catch, I picked up one last year to shoot coyotes with on my property, mine is single extractor with simmons 4x32. In great shape but with 18ish brl it is very Loud.. This year I bought a Volquatsen lightweigt with carbonfiber brl and mcmillian stock so the ruger will go on the chopping block. I guess in couple weeks I will put it in the trade section for I do not need two of them..They are great,lightweight, easy to shoot and good for small game.. Anyway, Good Grab, I will put one up so someone else can make a good grab soon.
George of the Jungle

I just got this response from Ruger after e-mailing them about the 10/22 magnum and asking if there was a recall due to the bolts breaking or something.

Dear Phillip Heatherly ,

Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.

This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 09/21/2009
Request No: 40711

Response:
There is no recall for the 10/22 Magnum, we are no longer servicing it. Unfortunately, we have no plans at this time to re-introduce this model.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424