• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 pic rail?

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
What is the preferred model of picatinny rail scope base for a Ruger 10/22? 20-30 MOA would be preferred. Looking hard at the Zeiss LRP S3 at the moment.

I'm a big fan of Athlon scopes on my 22LRs. Feature packed, parallax down to 10yds on the Gen2 Helos models, 100MOA of internal adjustment.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
What is the preferred model of picatinny rail scope base for a Ruger 10/22? 20-30 MOA would be preferred. Looking hard at the Zeiss LRP S3 at the moment.
Evolution Gun Works. I run a 20MOA on mine.

For a 10/22, that's kind of a waste of money on that scope. I have a full-on custom 10/22 with a Valquartsen barrel, and all Valquartsen internals, etc... And it's still barely accurate enough at 200 for me to justify the Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 that's on it... My point being, a 10/22 is never going to be accurate enough to justify an optic like that. I hate to be the bearer or bad news, but it just is what it is.

If you were running a custom Voodoo or Christensen Ranger, or something known for it's precision, then maybe you could justify it. But IMO, for any .22LR gun, that's just overkill.

A lot of folks have been buying the Arken EP5 for NRL and other comps, and have been enjoying them. They also have Japanese ED glass, excellent turrets, a 34mm tube, a solid zero-stop, and TONS of elevation travel adjustment.

Last edited:
Evolution Gun Works. I run a 20MOA on mine.

For a 10/22, that's kind of a waste of money on that scope. I have a full-on custom 10/22 with a Valquartsen barrel, and all Valquartsen internals, etc... And it's still barely accurate enough at 200 for me to justify the Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 that's on it... My point being, a 10/22 is never going to be accurate enough to justify an optic like that. I hate to be the bearer or bad news, but it just is what it is.

If you were running a custom Voodoo or Christensen Ranger, or something known for it's precision, then maybe you could justify it. But IMO, for any .22LR gun, that's just overkill.

A lot of folks have been buying the Arken EP5 for NRL and other comps, and have been enjoying them. They also have Japanese ED glass, excellent turrets, a 34mm tube, a solid zero-stop, and TONS of elevation travel adjustment.

I understand what you’re saying. I’ve had this little 10/22 for 36 years, it was a Christmas gift from my parents when I was 13 and it’s sentimental now. I never shoot it anymore so I wanted to change that. So I ordered a Nyx mod 2 in May and now that it’s getting closer to release I’m adding upgrades to it. I don’t have any delusions of winning any comps with it, this is purely for fun.

My thoughts are that if I really get into the rimfire thing, I can buy a Voodoo or RimX or whatever, and move the scope over. Plus it’s hard to go backwards with optics, regardless of the firearm they are on. My PMII and ZP5’s have spoiled me.