• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 receiver and FFL x-fer issue

boy412

Meat Popsicle
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic area
I recently bought a new KIDD 10/22 receiver and had it shipped to an FFL. The FFL is saying I can't just come pick it up and pay the transfer fee. That there is an aproval process and an 8 day waiting period? They seem to be handling it like its a pistol (or something that can be made into a pistol). This is the first time I've ever bought something that was not a complete rifle, so I'm not even sure what to tell them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
You can technically make a pistol out of it (sub 16" barrel) right? Maybe that's their justification?

Yeah sounds like you live in a commie state.

Any bare receiver is treated as a pistol.

Maybe he can put a 16” barrel on it and rifle transfer it

:ROFLMAO:

That's hilarious (and also ridiculous, stupid, insane, a waste of my time, and lots of other things).

I don't mind waiting. If its going to be a bunch of extra $ or I have to get some kind of handgun qualification thing I'm going to just have them send it back to KIDD.