• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 Tac Build

Re: Ruger 10/22 Tac Build

BARFCOM down again, huh?!?!

Also...this belongs (if at all) in the Rimfire section of the forum and NOT in the Semi-Auto Rifles section.

Nothing says tactical like a 10/22! If a mob of angry squirrels attacks your house you're set!!

its a semi-auto rifle no matter if its a rim-fire or center fire. Hell, its used a lot more than the AR15. Cheaper, more fun to blast away, and don't have to reload bullets. Its my rabbit and varmit gun I use when we go out in the middle of the night. Its pretty fun using the light and all on moving targets at night
grin.gif
Have also killed 2 coyotes and badger with it. I also carry my 270 Win for long range.

Bought gun about 13 or 14 years ago and been with my dad ever since I left for the military about 13 years ago. We had always talked about toying with it but between military and college never had the time. Last Christmas my dad got me the stock. The rest I shopped around for and spent a total of $100. So for $100, I think its a pretty neat gun.

i HATE people that build "tactical" 10/22's....they're great guns, and are a TON of fun and i love mine.......but there's nothing at all tactical about them...just mall ninja

Have fun with it. 10-22s ARE fun to shoot, and if you want to add stuff to make it more enjoyable for you, go for it!

Didn't the Israeli's use suppressed 10-22's in a riot/crowd control capacity against the Palestinians? Seems like a reasonably tactical use to me. They're light, reliable, reasonably accurate, and plenty lethal if employed correctly. As far as how you dress your rifle up whether for practical purposes or looks, I say do what makes you happy. Personally, my 10-22 wears a heavy barrel, a modified factory plastic stock and a cheap scope. Its plenty good for squirrels and paper punching and keeping the kids entertained at the range without breaking the bank.

I agree. Dress up yur 10/22 up all you want. It's a cheap ass alternative to what else is out there and it's just fun to do.

to each there own.....mall ninja....to funny...