• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger 10/22 Tactical Rifle build...ideas???

dave009

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Australia
www.winezone.com.au
Hey all,

Been a long time since ive posted but slowly getting back into hunting again. Looking at a little ruger 10/22 but pretty keen on a arc angel chassis or something of the like so here are my following questions...

- Do you need a varmint barrel rifle for these chassis?
- What kind of aftermarket parts are available for these kind of chassis?
- Any dramas with making the humble little ruger tactical, accuracy issues etc??

Cheers guys and sorry if this has been done to death before too!
Dave

dave, you may get more convo in the rimfire section with this

but you don't need a varmint barrel with an archangel

with the pic rails, you can put just about anything & everything on it from sights to flashlights to cell phone holders.

no big dramas making the 10/22 anything, it's a very modular type of rifle that you can do most upgrades at home in the garage with simple tools (screwdriver, allen wrenches)

there's alot on the 10/22, you may want to hit the advanced search for 10/22 upgrades, triggers, stocks, etc. another stock that's interesting as far as tacticolling the $hit out of it is the ATI stuff. they have one there that has an AR style 6 position and folds too with a ton of rails to hang stuff off.

I have built 2 custom builds Ruger 10/22 action. I personaly think while the Arch Angel stock might have a cool look, it's not as practical for hunting. My 1st build utilized the Houge stock for oversized bull barrels. That build taught me alot of what not to do. I traded that build for alot of 7.62X39 making a small prophit. The 2nd build I still own today which utilizes a Bell & Carlson Varmint stock, and top end components to include Tactical solutions fluted barrel, X Ring reciever, and muzzle break. The Timney trigger group rounded out the equasion. Harris bipod, and Nikon P-22 BDC Scope. I can drop Prarrie Dogs at a 100 yards all day long. Granted the total buid cost is around $1400, which is pricy for a 22 set up, but it is state of the art. I am also using high end Eley ammo as well.

I have the VLEH model with the 16.125" bull barrel and the Hogue stock. It's very heavy for such a small rifle, but it shoots really tight groups. If anything, I might change out the trigger, but I'm pretty satisfied with it as is.

I just finished cutting the barrel back/threading and adding a DYI shroud to my 10/22 in a Nordic chassis. It's a fun, quiet plinker for sure.

1022SUPPRESSED_zps9bcd035c.jpg