• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ruger 10/22 takedown model barrels

HighGround260

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2008
butler pa
I was thinking about getting a ruger 10/22 takedown model. I was wondering if it uses standerd 10/22 barrels as I like to get a threaded one to run a can on. Anyone know?

I have a threaded one. I like it a lot, but the barrel was way over threaded for my sparrow or outback. I did not measure, but it had to be at least .75 inch of threading on there before my smith fixed it for the sparrow.

That may be something to watch out for. Other than that its been great.

I have a threaded 10/22 (not a takedown) and had the same problem. The threads are much longer than standard so you'll have to either shorten the barrel, get a custom muzzle device, or live with exposed threads. The takedown models with threads that I have seen still have open sights, which I think is ugly. Mine has a smooth barrel and looks much nicer. I took off the flash suppressor and added a custom thread cap.