• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 takedown scope

prairiefire

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
Nebraska
For those of you with experience with the takedown, which scope did you select? I'm wanting one that will fit in the bag without removing it
after each outing. Any preference for scope base and rings? I have a leupold VXII 3-9 which seems way too large to put on my TD - so seeking advice here.

I had the same problem. I then saw a Vortex 1-4 Viper PST, Vortex Optics - Viper PST 1-4x24 TMCQ MOA (Uncapped). I will be getting one of these.

As far as rings and bases, I went with a Tactical Solutions rail with 20 MOA built in. I have a set of used Badger 30MM rings, so I'm set there.

I think that scope is it for a .22 going out to 100-125 yards. Let us know what you come up with, J

I do not have a ruger takedown, nor do I know your budget or max magnification however I would consider checking out weavers 1-3x I believe it's In the 150$ range.

Good luck!

I put a 3-9x40 utg bug buster on mine. It seemed to work really nice for the money. Only complaint is thickness of crosshairs and weight.