• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

ruger 10-22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2012
WA
Bought a 10-22 target last year and put a Bell and Carlson stock on and am now having difficulty getting the 10 round mag to release, anyone have an idea why this is or how to fix?

Re: ruger 10-22

Unfortunately that's just the way some after market 10/22 stocks are. You might be able to fix it with some sanding/dremeling. Or just use the 25 rd mags. Wear and tear might be another thing that fixes it. My 10/22 had the same issue with a tapco stock, but after lots of mag changes, it seems to release the factory 10 rd just fine.
Hope some of this helps.

I put one of my 10/22's in a ProMag Archangel 556 Stock Kit. I actually had to PRY my magazines out of the gun. Turned out the sides of the Stock were to thick and caused the magazine to bind. I simply used a dremel to remove some material from the sides of the magazine well in the stock and it solved the problem.

Now my magazines drop free when I put the mag release.

Larry

Thanks to all. I went and did everything I could but nothing worked so I sent it back to B&C and they returned a new stock (varmit/target) to me. B&C where great!!!

I took a belt sander and just touched the sides of my 10-22 factory magazines to make certain that no molding trash interfered with mag extraction. That helped a lot but since I changed to the Ruger BX-25 magazines, there are no issues about mag sticking at all.

Flash