• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns ruger 22/45 lite mark IV feed issues

thebigbeardedchef

Seege
Minuteman
So I just picked up a new Ruger 22/45 lite Mark IV on saturday and took it out to the range yesterday. Every 6th or 7th round in the mag would have a failure to feed. I also noticed that the top of the mags were so wide that rounds were nearly vertical during when I had to remove the mag for the round removal. Should I contact ruger on this? Is this something I can fix myself? Do you guys have any suggestions? When it cycles it's a tack driver and really fun but I couldn't get through one full mag without a feed issue.

I can understand how that'd be frustrating. I'd contact Ruger, and explain that it sounds like a magazine problem, and see what they say. Alternatively, you could try a known-good mag from another Mk-series pistol just to see what happens.

My MKIII and 22/45 lite both needed some breaking in before they would feed well. How many rounds through it?

Do the mags still feel pretty rough, when you run the follower up and down by hand? You can smooth them out some by hand, by running the follower up and down. I was probably close to 200 when things started to smooth up, and mine is pretty reliable now with thousands through it, but some ammo will still jam, FTF, and what have you.

What ammo are you using? CCI is all I use anymore. I had some Winchester M22 that doesn't work in anything I have for very long.

So I just picked up a new Ruger 22/45 lite Mark IV on saturday and took it out to the range yesterday. Every 6th or 7th round in the mag would have a failure to feed. I also noticed that the top of the mags were so wide that rounds were nearly vertical during when I had to remove the mag for the round removal. Should I contact ruger on this? Is this something I can fix myself? Do you guys have any suggestions? When it cycles it's a tack driver and really fun but I couldn't get through one full mag without a feed issue.

That is frustrating. Mine is a bit picky on ammo - doesn't like Thunderbolt, Blazer, FedMatch for example. CCI Mini-Mags are kind of the gold standard for these until broken in. It took several hundred rounds to really settle down but has been 100% now for 1000's of rounds. For more info on what you can do with this one take a look at http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

Ruger has not figured out how to make a mag that works out of the box for the 22/45. I've had experience with a few, all had issues. They require a break in period of a few hundred rounds before feeding gets better

We took my wifes new 22/45 mkiv with a vortex venom out today 500 rounds no issues. My mkiii had a feeding issues I ran slide glide on ever thing. Using CCi ar Ammo. Keep em lubed up and shoot the shit out em till they don't have issues. I think the mkiv 22/45 is a big step up. I put my 22/45 mkiii up for sale before I ever shot hers today. we have been dry firing it since Tuesday. They are a lot tighter though. safety way better ergonomics mags feed and eject way better. and A LOT EASIER TO CLEAN FOR DAMN SURE.