• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger 22/45 LITE

Papagallos

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
South Texas, United States
Took the plunge on a like new Ruger 22/45 LITE. I bought it from dstactical. Great guy to deal with, by the way. My shop called me that it arrived, and I made way out to pick it up.

When I handled it, I feel in love with it immediately. It was one of those moments that you get when you know that everything about something, whatever it is, is going to be great. I was smiling from ear to ear. We got to the paperwork, paid the FFL fee, and I left with my baby. Before stepping out of the shop, I gave my dealer a friendly reminder to keep an eye out for the AAC Element II tax stamp. Low and behold, the freakin' mail arrived and they called me within minutes of leaving the shop to inform me that it had arrived. My reaction: "Fuck yeah!!!"

Here is the set-up. PURE JOY!!! And it is accurate.

Ruger 22/45 LITE
Aimpoint Micro T-1, 2MOA (Sportoptics.com)
AAC Element II
SK Subsonic HP

25 yards, supported

Last edited:
Nice, you are going to love it! My suppressed .22 pistol with a Docter on it gets tons of use. I haven't kept track, but somewhere in the 10-20k range of rounds through it.

You'd be surprised on how accurate you can be offhand. I have gone 10 for 10 (full mag) a number of times on a 12x14 plate at 100 yards, and have gotten close to 50% hit ratio at 230 yards, after figuring out the hold over.

Enjoy!

Bump because I am running the same combo. Element 2 stamp came in a few weeks ago. I'm kind of limited as to what ammo I can run through it, as I am sure most of us are. And take what I can get. What have you found it likes best? And did you do anything to the Ruger?

Edit: Just noticed you have Accurate Ordnance in your sig. That's who I went with for my can as they are local. Great people to deal with, though they were getting out of the class three business when I went to pick it up.

Last edited:
I just picked one up last week. I put the Majestic Arms Hammer,bushing, speed strip kit, Hi Vis sights and mag plates on it. I did help the trigger and eliminated the mag disconnect. I couldn't get it to function the first time ( Ruger parts) or the second time (majestic arms parts) at the range. Found a thread online about the fact that Ruger mags need a little dremel job to function. Ground on them tonight, I hope to check the results next week.

A simple upgrade that makes the 22/45 or MKIII more functional is to replace the hammer bushing with one of the replacement bushings from TandemKross or Volquartsen. That allows you to eliminate mag disconnect, meaning mags will drop freely, and it reduces the arcane difficulty of reassembling the pistol if fully stripped. Check the laws in your area regarding the magazine disconnector before messing with it; but this is a simple $10 upgrade that makes life much easier, and allows the firearm to be actually used for steel matches or reload drill training...

Ruger Mark III, Ruger 22 Pistol and 22/45 Removal Bushing

Awesome, Im about to pick up a 22/45 as well. Too bad im in CA and it will fall off the "roster" end of June.

I have been meaning to get one of these, my buddy has one with a fast fire red dot, so fun...

I got one last week. It wasn't 5 minutes in the house before the suppressor went on and starting testing it out. Love it.

I also have one of these and its easily my favorite to shoot. I also went with Tandemkross for the mag release disconnect and it makes it function like a pistol should now.