• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 77 Tang Stock

BLJ

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2020
Are there any other affordable options besides Boyds? I have a 77 LA factory barrel contour and I'm looking for something a little less sporter and a little more bench/varmint. Flatter fore end and possibly thumb hole. Anything out there? Thanks.

McMillian has been the only other company that I know off that still makes stocks for the model 77 tang. This is what I bought when I replaced mine.

With your requirements though, I think you may only have boyds as the only option.

And of course, when I say that, here is an outfit that may be what you need. They sell laminate stocks. Looks like they have what you want.

Thanks for the link. I'd found them last week. A lot of options but probably more work than a boyds. Probably going with the boyds pro varmint when the time comes.