• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor Dope?

Dumpy

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2023
Tennesse
I just purchased a ruger american in 6.5 Creedmoor and I was wondering if anyone had any dope charts or holds already? 22in barrel

Download one of the free ballistic calculator apps and use that as a starting point (I use Hornady 4DOF). Start there, shoot the rifle at various distances, and develop your own specific dope for your rifle and ammo. Every setup is different.

Reactions: Dumpy
Thanks boss. How's yours performing for you? I'm an entry level long range shooter so I'm just trying to learn a thing or two.
You might first want to learn what ammos you will be using because without that at least there is no answer to your initial question. My first response was a joke.

No one will be able to feed you accurate trajectories without you first supplying all of the necessary info: your rifle (sight height, twist), your bullet (length, bc, velocity) or the outside world (temp, pressure humidity). There is no one answer to your question.

Since you will likely have none of that info you can try and work your way out to distance with the weaponized math system that takes prior known info and applies a factor to try and let you time the bullets fall to gravity so you at least have some good assumptions of where to go based on where you hit previously.
1694805132107.png

It may not get you centered up on target but it should at least get you on the berm enough to see your misses to make a small corrections instead of blindly hoping.

Last edited:
You might first want to learn what ammos you will be using because without that at least there is no answer to your initial question.

No one will be able to feed you accurate trajectories without you first supplying all of the necessary info: bullet, velocity, sight height, atmospherics etc. There is no one answer to your question.

Since you will likely have none of that info you can try and work your way out to distance with the weaponized match system that times your bullets fall to gravity and apply a factor to try and let you at least have some good assumptions based on where you hit previously.
View attachment 8228006
It may not get you centered up on target but it should at least get you on the berm enough to see your misses to make a small corrections instead of blindly hoping.
Thank you. I should have included I'm gonna take out four or five different ammo types and see which one I can get the best groups with at 100. I was just looking at some bare bones starting points so I'm not just throwing money into the wind.