• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ruger bx trigger ?

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
thinking about a 10/22. have had in past and had a trigger jib done by my (now retired) smith. no one in 100m that i trust now. looking at a factory model the light varmint which comes with the bx trigger-an alleged improvement. is this a meaningful improvement? the volq,timney and kidd just aren't happening $ wise. other option is a savage of some kind close to the HB varmint. trigger upgrades to sav are fewer and as expensive. so,any input,experience,opinions,hands on with that specific 10/22 and bx trigger or options? thanks for any.

The BX trigger is a little better than the factory trigger and is built better, look at the CMC replacement trigger it's not stupid money. Let me do some research there is a company that will do a trigger job on the factory trigger and it's great, I will post the name as soon as I make a phone call.

Brimstone Gunsmithing, I have shot a 10/22 with a trigger job from them and it was great. I need to get off my butt and send them one I have. Hope this helps.

+1 for brimstone to improve a BX trigger

Be prepared to wait a bit for the trigger to come back but when it does you will be pleased. Mine is ~1.5# and crisp

Reactions: *rim-star*
thinking about a 10/22. have had in past and had a trigger jib done by my (now retired) smith. no one in 100m that i trust now. looking at a factory model the light varmint which comes with the bx trigger-an alleged improvement. is this a meaningful improvement? the volq,timney and kidd just aren't happening $ wise. other option is a savage of some kind close to the HB varmint. trigger upgrades to sav are fewer and as expensive. so,any input,experience,opinions,hands on with that specific 10/22 and bx trigger or options? thanks for any.
I just got a 10-22 last week https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/ruger-10-22-model-31139.1298250/#post-13343477
The trigger was heavy. I replaced it with a BX trigger, and added a bolt release, it is half what the factory was, now 2 lb to 2.5 lb

Reactions: mosin46
imo theyre fantastic for the money. i think ive bought 2 on ebay for 60$ each. trigger pull is about 3 lb. compared to 6 or so stock.
repost the factory triggers back on ebay 40$ and they sell quick. so you end up w/ 30$ after fees and shipping roughly.
idk what the fuck people are buying stock plastic housing triggers for 40$ for...

In my experience I just started factoring a good trigger into the price of every gun.

My Mark 4 was painful to shoot stock, $250 later Volquartzen had me fixed up and feeling nice.

There's nothing quite like a kidd in a 10/22. But I can justify it because I'm putting a $300 Bix & Andy in every bolt rifle I build anyways. So the 10/22 is still a cheaper platform for a ready to go rifle.

I had brimstone just do the tier 3 trigger job on my standard trigger pack and it's quite good. He also does the bolt release modification which I will never go without now. My rifle is just a basic plinker with upgraded iron sights so the trigger is perfect for it.

BX triggers are like the10/22's they come in, luck of the draw, I've had a couple that I swear were as good as a single stage Kidd, others that needed to hit the trash can. Today, I would probably have someone work one over for me.
That said, I'll take a Volquartsen replacement over any other today.