• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Charger 22LR?

Re: Ruger Charger 22LR?

It's just a 10/22. Kind of big and heavy for a pistol.
I saw no point in it, until at a Sportsman's Team Challenge I realized the loader only needs to load one kind of magazine, although both pistol and rifle have to shoot the same ammo.
I've shot a couple of banks of pistol silhouette with it, with a homebrew trigger. It definitely needs a KID before competition.
Interesting that it costs more than a carbine, but carbines don't come with a bipod.

I have 2 of them. A blue one and a stainless one. Haven't shor the stainless one yet though. But the blue one shoots great and is a hoot to shoot. Only thing I have done to is is install a .920 barrel but haven't got to really try for accuracy since. I guess I am lucky in that the trigger pull is good in it out of the box. But if I ever do anything to the trigger group I will probably put a Volquartsen group in it.

Saw new 10/22's for sale--all had plastic trigger groups. Don't know when they started doing that, but the dealer was asking the usual price for a stainless 10/22, can't see myself paying more for less product. The charger gets the same sentiment, paying 10/22 prices and they are short-changing you a full length barrel and a stock.

I have one and it's really a fun gun to plink with. I've killed a few tree rats with it. I havn't found the ammo it really likes yet (I don't think) a few more to try. The gun will shot in the 2" group at 50y with most ammo I have used in stock config. minus scope. I put a Bushnell 2X6 power pistol scope on it. If you are looking for something to have fun with at the range it will fill the bill and if you already have other 10/22 components then the Charger will fit right in.