• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ruger Hawkeye Tactical

BOBOSS

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Mont Vernon NH
Anyone have any experience with this gun? I am considering it in .223 for a paper puncher and was wondering what distances and accuracy I should be dreaming about?

Re: Ruger Hawkeye Tactical

Scope mounting (i.e. > 0 MOA) is a challenge, since Ruger uses their proprietary integral rings. There are two companies that make custom Picatinny rails (check Gunsmithing section). The action will require drilling.

Burris makes Ruger Weaver Rail adapter (no drilling) for $20.00 at SWFA

Thanks for the replys. I bought a Tikka T3 Varmint .223 today 'cause the deal was too good to pass.

The problem with Ruger is you have a 50/50 chance of getting an accurate rifle.

I have one in 308 - its a decent shooter - 1/2 MOA at 100. I like the 1:10 twist and am currently testing a few loads when time permits. I kind of like my M77 Hawkeye and get some odd looks when people ask what im shooting ... and reply Ruger. The optics mounting options are limited though. You might consider ...

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10+PRECISION+CARBINE

I picked one of these up in 223 for a under 600 yard rifle that was cheaper to shoot. Have been pleasantly suprised with its performance for a $600 rifle. It likes 75g Amax and 77g SMKs which suprised me with its twist rate, was expecting to be shooting 69g. The LC6 trigger on the Ruger is better than the "accutrigger" in my opinion.