• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger M77

338sniper

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2012
Hey guys , just bought a Ruger M77 MK II in .338 win mag. Didnt check before I bought it , but does anyone make a tactical stock for this gun . I searched the web but saw nothing. Also if anyone has any feedback or experience on it , any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Ruger M77

If you're looking for a chassis system I doubt you'll find one. However, Richard's Microfit makes a variety of hardwood and laminated stocks for the 77 in a number of styles including tactical.

Aftermarket stocks and accessories in general are hard to find for the Ruger m77. They aren't known for being tack drivers but I happen to have a stainless M77 in .338 Win Mag, and it is a half MOA rifle with my handloads. The action feels very strong , but not well refined.

I would recommend a trigger job right off the bat though, as mine was atrocious from the factory.

Thanks for the info guys. Richards Microfit has one that looks tactical, although not adjustable. Probly alot more comfortable then factory

Their tactical model with the high cheek piece is suitable for installing an adjustable cheek rest. Additionally, you can file, sand, and shape the way you like.