• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ruger Mark II pistol: Modifications?

1911fan

Vortex Pimp
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Lewiston Idaho
advrider.com
Just picked up a nice stainless Mark II, and can't resist the urge to make it 'better' somehow. I plan to thread the barrel for a can, any other suggestions?

And yes, I tried the 'Search' function first.

1911fan

Re: Ruger Mark II pistol: Modifications?

Are you getting an off the shelf can? There's a system out there for the Mk 2's that employ the 8" bull barrel. About half of it gets machined away and the baffles are built inside the existing shell of the barrel.

I can't imagine it's great for the velocity to go from a 8" to a 4" barrel, but the idea is certainly neat. More of a "working" piece.

I love my Ruger Mk 2's, enough that I bought one for my little brother when he hits 21 in a couple weeks. Enjoy it, a new trigger might be a nice thing to have. I noticed that the stock trigger got better after about 1000 rounds without cleaning it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">volquartsen trigger. I am pretty sure they make one for the mkII </div></div>

Thanks- I'll have to look into that. The trigger could be better, but may be adjustable?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Are you getting an off the shelf can? There's a system out there for the Mk 2's that employ the 8" bull barrel. </div></div>

I like the AWC Amphibian, which is (I think) what I think you're talking about. Sadly, my home state does not allow me to use Federally approved suppressors in-state, so I have to go to Oregon or Idaho to play with them. I'll at least thread the barrel so my Pilot will attach, but don't think I want a dedicated/integral can at this time.

1911fan

Check out Clark Custom Guns, they do alot for the MKII's.

RAD