• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ruger mark III 22/45 Questions

THE MGD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2011
S. TEXAS
Question:
Anyone know a way I can set up a ruger 22/45 to run a suppressor, light, reflex sight, and have back-up irons??

Details:
I'm looking to get me a Ruger Mark III 22/45 pistol and I would like to set it up with a suppressor, light, and reflex sight.
similar to this setup (pictures below)

The only thing lacking in that setup are back-up iron sights.

Now it seems ruger makes a pistol with a rail that has sights built in.
Shown here (pictures below)

but now I'm missing the bottom light rail.

Here's the double railed version: (pictured below)

Any suggestions / solutions?

(I've seen some pretty expensive setups from volquest is there an easier option im not seeing?)

Attachments

• Ruger Setup 001.jpg
    Ruger Setup 001.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 50
  • ruger railed.JPG
    ruger railed.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Ruger Double railed.jpg
    Ruger Double railed.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 41
KUSA: good advice.

Raymond: Yeah, I looked at that, but it doesn't look compatible for a suppressor or even access to a thread protector.

A friend of mine told me just to buy a 22/45 with the rail / irons (2nd picture above), then call up Ruger and order a underside rail from them. A simple drill and tap job from my local gunsmith should get me best of both worlds at a reasonable cost. Of course, as stated above this might become a bit heavy with all the add-ons. fortunately I have a lightweight light and a Silencerco sparrow. So I don't think they'll bog it too much. I don't know what the ultra-dot will weigh but i'll certainly factor that

the LITE is 40$ more and appears to already be drilled and tapped on the top.
looks like a simple do-it-yourself base add. the underside would still have to go see a gunsmith

Last edited:
If you want a red dot sight, Burris makes a dovetail mount for the Fast Fire series that gets the sight down nice and low, I think its 25 bucks or so. The rail that comes with the 22/45 lite(and I suspect is the same on all the 22/45's with the rail) is really tall IMO to then put a sight on it.

IMO back up iron sights, while great in principal, would never be used. Again, just my opinion, but my 22/45 lite is a range blaster. I also dont know how tall you would have to get(or if anybody even makes them tall enough for the 22/45) to clear a reflex sight on a rail so they may not even work in the end.

Get the little rail for the bottom from Ruger and get the barrel shroud drilled and tapped for it.