• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Mk III standard

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
My Liberal democrat neighbor came over with a bag while I was in my shop today and told me she had inherited something terrible.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Oh, it's one of those terrible guns! I have to get rid of it, I don't want it around."
I told her I might be interested and she handed me the bag.
Inside is a NIB Mk III, 50 rds. of CCI Pistol Match, unopened, and a new holster still in the bag. Fixed sights and 4.75 in bbl. blued.
I asked her if she had looked it up as to the worth and she said yes.
"Well, how much do you want?" I asked.
"Would you give me $200.?"
I told her I thought that a little low, as I shucked my wallet out so fast it was smoking. After the moths cleared out of my wallet I gave her 2 Bens and away she went, happy to be rid of the horrible thing.
I think she got to me, too much loot, however I did tell her that if she inherited anything else horrible to come see me.
What do you guys think? How bad a screwing did I take? Regards, FM

Re: Ruger Mk III standard

I just looked at gun broker and the cheapest Mk III I see is $225 and the reserve on the gun isn't met. Most of what I am seeing is $250-$325 range. Plus you got some ammo and a holster. Best of all you got a nice firearm out of the hands of a communist liberal soft head tree huger who wouldn't have squeezed it, loved it and called it George.

Glad to see you think I did OK.
I would have given more, but did ask her what she wanted and did tell her she was low and gave what she asked.
You are right, she got rid off what she thinks of as a horrible, terrible thing, and into the hands of someone who loves it.
I could hardly wait for this AM and out to the range to exercise some of the bad off of this terrible, horrid object.
It shoots great. I really like it.
From the words the Lady used to describe it, terrible, horrible, object, and Ruger, I named it THOR.
I am sure Thor and I will fire many rounds together over the years.
It is sad that someone or anyone could know so little about something and just put it off as bad but does show that there is some good that comes of their ignorance.
At least it didn't go to some gun buy back thing and she has a gift certificate and the thing is destroyed or snatched up by those running the buyback scheme. Regards, FM

yeah you can clear your conscience, even if she asked for $100.00 as her horrible thing went away and found a horrible home with a horrible guy that does horrible acts with horrible things.
laugh.gif

of course she may take the 200.00 and donate it to an anti gun lobbyist.

at least she knows that in case of a home evasion, that the horrible thing is sitting at the neighbors house available at her fingertips to end the horrible acts that are about to unfold.

that horrible indeed.

^ i was thinking of the very same sign.

i made one up for may yard as the neighbor was letting their dog dump on my lawn.

made up a few small ones that read "your dog poops in my yard, <span style="text-decoration: underline"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> I</span> </span> poop in yours"

no lawn mines since...

now back on topic

Thanks for the link. Good idea.
The lady is nice, just kind of over the edge about guns.
You would not believe how happy she was to get rid of that icky thing.
All I could do was shake my head, laugh and thank the gods for my good fortune.
My Squaw asked her this morning if she would like to go to the range with her and see how it shoots and told her that she is the handgun shooter in our family.
She just stood there in shock then said,"I didn't know women shot guns."
My better half told her that there are five of them that get together regularly and most of them shoot at least once a week.
She asked the wife how many handguns she had and couldn't believe her ears when the Squaw said,"I have six now, my Old Man gave me a new in the box one just the other day, I've shot it twice now and just love it. I was hoping for a new Browning for my birthday but this one is just fine and 3 months early."
The lady didn't know what to say, she finally said,"Well maybe sometime."
I hadn't told the Old Lady about the deal and just gave it to her as a gift in hopes of getting my crank spun.
I sent her over to invite the Lib for fun as my squaw was just back from the range and so happy with her new gun. Regards, FM

I feel happy for the gun finding a new home where it will be appreciated and not looked down on! Sounds like a score to me.
Travis

UPDATE:
My squaw[Panty 6+] and two of the other girls she shoots with took the Lib to the range a couple of days ago.
The Lib shot every ones guns and as she said,"I had a Blast. I had no idea that guns could be fun."
She showed up for another go'round in the evening and the next morning.
She likes the NEOS and went to Cabelas to get one.
She was not happy to find out she could not buy it and walk out as it was going over state lines. She also was not aware of the checks and security involved.
She told my squaw,"I had no idea that you can't just go buy one, no questions asked." She was pissed that she not only had just learned to enjoy guns but was under the belief that they are sold as any other thing.
She went to Denver today and bought a NEOS and is happy as if she had good sense.
Long story short, She learned about gun laws that she was not aware of and now knows things are not as the Libs say they are.
As things are today, I look at it as a new shooter, much more informed and liking her new pastime and will question what she hears from others.
If she continues to do as well as she is doing now, I might sell her gun back to her, however, her sights are set much higher and I look to see her with a fine target pistol within the year.
Maybe there is a Shooters God. Regards, FM

If she already bought a new gun, consider this a win win. you underpaid for a new gun AND converted your liberal, probably communist, tree hugging, soft head, green peace member, save the whales, don't wear fur, animals have the same rights as humans, don't cut down the rain forrest, lifetime PETA member, hybrid driving neighbor into a new shooter.

Good work FM

JTG, I think you are right.
This thing has pulled her head out of her ass.
She is now questioning a lot of her beliefs.
She is now looking at a Buckmark as her next purchase and wanted to shoot rifles as well.
This morning found her over here ready to head to the range before it got too hot. Panty 6+ wasn't up for it so I took her to the range and took my Marlin 39A with us.
She was so ampped up to shoot her new NEOS that I could not deny her that.
We cleaned it before going and she paid attention to every detail and asked smart questions.
The NEOS shot good and then we shot the 39A.
That really got her going,breathing lessons, position lessons and she then shot several fine groups and was happy as hell with her new found hobby.
I can't believe the change in her.
She is now an avid shooter and I am glad of that.
I will let her shoot anything I have and see how she does with it. I am sure she will do well with things and is surprisingly good at range safety. You tell her one time and she is good with it.
All in all, I think she is a convert and hope she doesn't burn out. The way it is going I find that highly unlikely as she is on the porch now wanting to know about other rifles and when we can go shoot them. Regards, FM

I had that happen to a lady in one of my CCW classes. We were shooting at a private range and someone brought an AR-15 to shoot when we were done. She had never shot a pistol let alone a rifle but was always interested. The guy let her shoot his AR when we were done. I saw her 3 days later and when she saw me she got the biggest grin on her face. I thought it is because of my sense of humor, strong square jaw line and round muscular buttocks but when she started talking it was all about the rifle.

You are clearly a better neighbor than I am. The last time one of my neighbors pinned me in my yard and would not SHUT UP, I couldn't get the line from Gran Torino out of my head, "Get off my lawn"