• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger PC Carbine

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Don't think it will be too interesting here but this is such a practical gas firearm it has to be shared.

Less than $500 complete...9mm...compatible with most popular pistol magazines.....357 magnum terminal ballistics....takedown so very compact..

Ruger listens

Reactions: Bender
    I dry fired one at my LGS last week. Points naturally and the trigger isn't horrid. If you could run glock 33 round mags (allegedly you can) that would rock.

I've got one and actually it's been a blast. I stuck a Romeo 5 red dot on it to help out my old eyes and it's heck on jack rabbits in the desert. I have no complaints. It is reasonably accurate, has a decent trigger and has been 100% reliable with the Glock and Magpul 15 rd mags I use.

I have one also, its a hell of a package especially for the price. Have done some shooting out to 100 yards even, and accuracy is pretty good. Also shoots powder coated lead 9mm reloads just fine. runs flawlessly with factory glock mags and magpul mags.

100 yards on a torso sized steel target is pretty easy with the PC9.
    Suppresses well too.

100 yards on a torso sized steel target is pretty easy with the PC9.
    Suppresses well too.

Can't speak to the suppressed part as we can't own them in the communist state of RI but it does do well on torso sized targets at 100 yards.

At 25 yards with Glock 33 round magazines, it can be fired very fast and with great effectiveness. It is a cool little package

IF you like it then have fun. If they had come out 10 years ago, it would have been a huge hit. As it is now, the only competition is the KelTec Sub2000, which isn't much. The fact that it can use other mags is vaguely interesting but only with special adapters. Meh. Ill take my 9mm in pistols and SMGs (even the semi auto types).

Today there are better options and better cartridges for rifles. What is its role? Where do you use it that you couldn't find a better tool? I really wanted to like the PCC concept, and I do when in a much smaller package, (think AR pistol with a 7inch barrel). The Ruger just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps if they had made it in a better cartridge, I would have been impressed with 10mm or 30 Carbine (amongst others).

Again if you like it enjoy.

Don't think it will be too interesting here but this is such a practical gas firearm it has to be shared.

Less than $500 complete...9mm...compatible with most popular pistol magazines.....357 magnum terminal ballistics....takedown so very compact..

Ruger listens

All this talk about a fun rifle, and no pictures? I had no idea what it looks like.

Fify.

702DA23C-A722-4029-B7AF-EBBF100E5967.jpeg

Fun, cheap and compatible with common magazines. Plus it uses 9mm which is super common and cheap to shoot.

Give it a try @Bender. I think you’ll like it.

Reactions: Bender