• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ruger Precision $799

Codiekfx400

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
I see that the ruger precision rifle is now priced at $799 at a online retailer. This is for 6 Creedmoor and 5.56 chambering. Wonder why the huge price drop all of a sudden?

Moving to the new MLOK handguard version. 5.56 is being dicountinued so if you have any aspirations there, nows the time to buy. 6mm will be an offering in the later version but it seems like there is a stock pile of the current ones so they are dumping them to make the change. Great time to buy if you are conciderinf either. Could damn near buy the 6CM and a 6.5CM criterion barrel and be in around the same price as the new ones when they make the switch.

Dude there's topics about this already.

Gen 2's were discontinued for the new model which appears to just be a forend change to Mlok. 223's appear to be discontinued totally based on their website not showing it, and posts here saying they were discontinued because of low sales. The 243's were dropped in gen 1's for lack of sales quite a while before 6mm creed was announced and the gen 1's were also discontinued for gen 2's and there were some deals on those too. IIRC the 243 was dropped while gen 1's were still being produced and 6mm creed wasn't brought in until after gen 2's were rolling. There weren't nearly as many closeout deals (very few actually) or as low prices on the gen 1's as the gen 2's are going out at, likely because the market wasn't as saturated at the point the gen 1's were dropped and sales were up overall because it was still a newer model/concept so no reason to deeply discount them.

Early adopters always pay for the start Up costs- it doesn't matter the industry. Skeptics and the risk adverse reap the benefit of lower costs and, generally, enhanced performance. But, they pay in "opportunity cost-" in time they could be using the new "thing" instead of sitting on the sideline, and in the utility of funds they may have set aside while waiting to make a decision.

In the grand scheme of things, don't sweat it- it's only money. They'll make more...

I just ordered a 5.56 version always wanted to try one.

I'm contemplating grabbing one and selling my Bighorn TL2 honestly. For the shooting I do the RPR will work just fine.

Firearm sales are way down the last two years, less fear of loosing our guns since Trump got elected is what Smith and Wesson said.

I'm contemplating grabbing one and selling my Bighorn TL2 honestly. For the shooting I do the RPR will work just fine.
I have never shot a rpr but it sounds like I am missing out if it will run with a TL2. Honestly I never thought I would get one but for $799 it seems like a good deal. The problem I always had with them was the center of the scope is awfully far from the bore.

I grabbed one! Thanks for the heads up! Should make a great starter rifle for PRS.

I grabbed one! Thanks for the heads up! Should make a great starter rifle for PRS.
Great starter rifle and great gun to grow into and become a custom rifle owner with. They hammer and have great support on the aftermarket/upgrade side of things. Enjoy!

I have never shot a rpr but it sounds like I am missing out if it will run with a TL2. Honestly I never thought I would get one but for $799 it seems like a good deal. The problem I had with them was the center of the scope is awfully far from the bore.

A Savage with pre-fit will run with a TL2 in accuracy as well...

RPR's have a bunch of nice features for the price. Highly recommend them, but you also have to temper things a bit as it's still a cheap bolt/action in a nice package. It will never have the fit and finish of a custom barreled action.

I wasn't meaning to imply that the RPR would be equal to the TL2 since they aren't in the same league really. I meant to say more that the RPR will get the job done for me while offering lots of features at this price including a folding stock.

I haven't actually been able to shoot my TL2 yet as I am still waiting on it to come back from being DLC'd so I could be totally wrong as well.

Same here. My first RPRand first 6mm Creed. Was planning on immediately making it a 6.5 but order 6creed dies and will give oem a go.

Well at this price I couldn't say no, I ordered one for my lady. Gonna throw my xtrii on it and make a lil trip to timney for a trigger. Now ive got to sell the tikka I was gonna build for her.

789 now. So tempting...I had a gen 2 6.5 that I sold for 1300! I can get back into the 6mm for just over half...