• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger precision rimfire

Sean69

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2021
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi guys I purchased a rprf and put a vortex diamond back tactical 4/12/40 on it With vortex 1 inch rings in high model .97 inches high. This left me with less than a 1/8“ clearance to hand guard. I can’t even put lens cap on front of scope. Shot rifle last 3 days and was very impressed with it but scope so so. I’m looking to do Nrl22 events. After talking to vortex, who were super nice they recommended a venom 5/25/56 I told them which rifle I had but I didn’t ask about rings. I was assuming they would’ve told me if there would be issues. I’m pulling out my hair trying to figure this out. With their tallest rings it says 1.45 inches, with these rings would a 56 mm bell clear the hand guard. I’m coming up with I don’t think so but this scope is 34 mm tube I don’t know if that helps or hurts over the 1 inch tube I have now. Can you put a 56 mm bell on Ruger precision rimfire. Thxs guys
update just watching some videos and now I’m thinking 30 Moa rail could be the issue why I have such low clearance. Should I go down to 20 Moa rail if I want 56 mm bell

Last edited:
The Venom is a 34mm tube. A 1.1" high set of rings with it will put you in the same boat you are now.
So just a matter of figuring our how much higher you want it.

If they are 34mm, absolutely. The question only you can answer is it then too high for you.

It's not the tube, it's the objective size. The ocular is 2.54" so divide that by 2, and you need 1.27" rings to clear the handguard. If you factor in the 30moa rail, you'll need a little more. I'd do 1.45" to get clearance and fit your scope caps.

1628983369590.png

Seab69,

I am shooting NRL 22LR with a CZ 457 MTR with the Vortex Venom. However, I switched over to the Arken SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 FFP MIL VPR Illuminated Reticle. The only reason I went with it was due to the available extra dial up with the Arken (30 mils vice 18.2 mils with the Venom. 2nd reason was trying to find rings with the correct height. It was easier for the Arken (both have 34mm tube). Both scopes were equal in quality.

Lol don’t scare me I purchased the venom in Mils and talking to nrl guys here in Florida the furthest they go is 350 yards. Hoping I can make dope card and quick dial it up. I guess worst case I’ll have to hold it off. Thxs for the info. Btw my next rifle is gonna be that one the mtr or possibly the At One.
sean

Reactions: skyrep
Lol don’t scare me I purchased the venom in Mils and talking to nrl guys here in Florida the furthest they go is 350 yards. Hoping I can make dope card and quick dial it up. I guess worst case I’ll have to hold it off. Thxs for the info. Btw my next rifle is gonna be that one the mtr or possibly the At One.
sean
Here is my setup with the Arken scope on the CZ457 MTR
CZ 457 MTR #4.jpgCZ 457 MTR #3.jpg

Reactions: Sean69
Warne 0moa cantilever mount Meopta 5-30X56 with scope shade will clear. 2.5” scope height. And 30 moa stock rail. Can use flip cap to n front of sunshade.

Attachments

• 613C16C8-21AB-4874-A1DA-C107906D9972.jpeg
    613C16C8-21AB-4874-A1DA-C107906D9972.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 103
@Sean69. I have a RPRF with a Vortex Venom on it and I used Arken high rings. I believe they are 1.26. I have enough room between the scope and handguard for 1 credit card, but not 2. If you're still looking for options. With the zero stop installed and sighted in with SK Standard Plus I have 47 MOA up available. I have to hold an additkonal 3 MOA to get to 300.
Also have an At One 457 16.5. Highly recomended.

Hi guys I purchased a rprf and put a vortex diamond back tactical 4/12/40 on it With vortex 1 inch rings in high model .97 inches high. This left me with less than a 1/8“ clearance to hand guard. I can’t even put lens cap on front of scope. Shot rifle last 3 days and was very impressed with it but scope so so. I’m looking to do Nrl22 events. After talking to vortex, who were super nice they recommended a venom 5/25/56 I told them which rifle I had but I didn’t ask about rings. I was assuming they would’ve told me if there would be issues. I’m pulling out my hair trying to figure this out. With their tallest rings it says 1.45 inches, with these rings would a 56 mm bell clear the hand guard. I’m coming up with I don’t think so but this scope is 34 mm tube I don’t know if that helps or hurts over the 1 inch tube I have now. Can you put a 56 mm bell on Ruger precision rimfire. Thxs guys
update just watching some videos and now I’m thinking 30 Moa rail could be the issue why I have such low clearance. Should I go down to 20 Moa rail if I want 56 mm bell
I have the Strike Eagle 5X25X56mm (Venom is the same size). I used Burris XTR Signature Rings 1.5" with up to 40MOA in the rings. Not sure about clearance on your Ruger. I like the SE , because it has 110 MOA of adjustment, the Venom has 85 MOA. With the Burris XTR Signature Rings I have the scope near the bottom of adjustment with a 50yds zero and can dial up it 500 yds.
Mark