• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dropd57

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2004
CT
Anybody have one? If so, what's your impression of the gun.

Thanks

Re: Ruger SR1911

I will preface this by saying that I am not a big fan of Ruger, based upon my experience with their P345. However, they do seem to have gotten it "right" with their 1911. I do not own one, but have put about 100 rounds through a friend of mine's.

The pistol itself is solidly crafted, and sits quite well in your hand. Very crisp trigger pull, and quite unlike any of their other semi-auto pistols. 3 dot sights are very clear and easy to pick up. IMO, I would rank it up there with any of the "higher-end" 1911's, such as the Kimber, which I do own. And for the price, you could end up purchasing 2 Rugers, if you could find them.

We had a case of them in the store from the Ruger rep for an open house. I shot about the same as storm shadow. While they do not have the additions that many high end guns do, it is a great basic starter 1911. Not the finest made gun I ever shot but the reliability of a Ruger, all the most popular upgrades and plenty of room to add the upgrades you want. If you want something more stock, try the new Remington 1911. The trigger are bit course, but again, a good place to start.

I love my SR1911. I have owned many 1911s over the years and still own a few different brands but if you want a 1911 for under $1000 this is it. The very best I have found for less than the customs.

This is on my short list of guns I want, it would be my first 1911. I've heard/read nothing but good things about it so far, hopefully I'll get one soon!