• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Rugged Obsidian 45 on 450bm

HenryTheAce

Pushing Tin
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Michigan
Rugged’s posted minimum barrel length for use with the 450bm is 16”.. now I’m pretty darn sure that had to of been established with full blown super sonic loads. Any thoughts or experience from anyone using the Rugged Obsidian 45 on a 10” 450bm barrel shooting ONLY subsonics moving at about 1000fps. I have a SiCo Hybrid and VERS 458 but that little Obsidian 45 is so lite and small. Think it’s possible without blowing up or causing permanent damage?

Last edited:
I would think it would be fine with a small charge of powder while staying subsonic. I mean it's pretty much a 10" barreled 1911

That’s sort of what I was thinking. It’s no different then 45acp velocities, just don’t know on the whole pressure thing. I sent rugged an email but I’m doubtful they’ll give an official green flag for it.

Rugged emailed me back with a generic answer which I figured would happen, they said:

“Unfortunately that specific combo hasnt been tested so I recommend against it. “